Taj Mahal

and most of them set themselves a low budget coz they expect to travel cheap in and around india.

No don't really agree with that... with Americans at least looks can be deceptive.... They can be dressed in tatters but have millions in the bank... I got to know plenty of Americans like that when I studied there... quite surprising really. (In fact I saw many a foreigner in Goa bargaining better than any Indian I have seen!)Some of the foreigners in Goa look like they live hand to mouth, but really, hippies hide their moneys well. 😀And really, Rs. 750 isn't that much even by Indian standards - a night out at a bar in Delhi can easily set you back that amount (or a meal at a restaurant), and seriously, here we are talking about visiting a 'wonder of the world.' If they changed the ticket to Rs. 2,000 even I don't think it would make the slightest difference in the no. of foreigners who come to view the Taj. In comparison to travel and hotel costs, this amount is measly.

my friend visits agra pretty often and he told me that a regular room rent in a pretty decent hotel named holiday inn is around thousand bucks per day. now that is cheap. for the city which has one of the wonders of the world...

edit: their website shows the minimum rate to be 89 dollars...

i guess the prices are different for indian and international customers!

err yes they are, mariott charges almost american prices for Hotels here in BLR to foreigners. think $100+

$100 is cheap. I have heard horror stories about mariott Bombay... getting a room at all is a big thing in itself.

USD 100 is definitely cheap... i have seen 3 star Hotels charging around 5000 bucks for a day. and then there is Axis and Bristol... 12-15K per day. 🙂

The Many Faces of the Taj Mahal - a song by Philosopher's Inc

Taj anthem credits

Music by A R Rahman
Lyrics by Raqeeb and A R Rahman
Singer A R Rahman, accompanied by Karthik and Naresh Iyer

Indiainfo | Taj | New 7 wonders | Vote for the Taj | Vote for the 7 Wonders | Taj Contest

Lyrics:

Mausam Aate jaate Hain
Sadiyaan Aateen Jaateen Hain
Kuchh Cheezen Rahjaateen Hain Yaad Mein

Wo Din Wo Raaj Kahaan Hai
Naaz-O-Andaaz Kahaan Hai
Naghmen Hain Aaj Sada Ke Saath Mein

Koi Kahta Hai
Jeene Ka Maqsad Yahaan Daulat Mein Hai
Koi Kahta Hai
Jeene Ka Maqsad Yahaan Inayat Mein Hai
Mujhse Jo Koi Ye Poochhe
Kyon Na Kahun Zindagi Ki karaamat
Mohabbat Mein Hai

Jhum Jhum-Tana Nana-Jhum �.Tana Nana-Jhum
Ek Sada Dil Hai

Jhum Jhum-Tnana Nana-Jhum�Tana Nana Nana
Ek Sada Rab Hai

Jhum Jhum-Tana Nana-Jhum�. Tana Nana-Jhum
Ek Mohabbat Hai

Radha Krishna Ki Mohabbat
Aadam Haua Ki Mohabbat
Heer Aur Ranjha Ki Mohabbat �..Ek Hai

Shaah Jahaan Mumtaaz Ki Mohabbat
Laila Majnu ki Mohabbat
Teri Aur Meri Mohabbat Ek�2

Ek Sada Dil Hai

Jhum Jhum-Tnana Nana-Jhum�Tana Nana Nana
Ek Sada Rab Hai

Ek Mohabbat Hai

Deevane Mohabbat Ke Hain- Jo
Hai Un Ko Pahla Salam
Tohfa Mohabbat Ka Hai jo
Har Dil Ka Usko Salam

duh. its the same demo!

There you go thakurlokesh. Read the above article. In case the link didn't work, or crashed firefox (as it did for me), click here.

p.s. I am quite impressed by the article. Usually newspapers go hand-in-hand with marketing people.

hmm, that link does not work now 🙁it was from Jun 15, go to thier archives and search for it.Yeah, i was quite impressed to read that type of analysis too, wasn't expecting it

:yahoo:Taj Mahal has been declared as one of the New Seven Wonders:yahoo:

It is on no.-1 position

Congratulations!!!!:thumbsup: