Taj Mahal could collapse in the next five years?

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Is the Taj Mahal in Danger of Collapsing? - TIME NewsFeed

If this report is true... Taj is doomed. As Bahen Mayawati is still the CM of Uttar Pradesh.

Activists say that because the adjacent river now nearly runs dry, the building's wooden foundation is rotting and threatens to collapse in two to five years. The river's fallen water level — something the original designers did not factor in — is attributed to overuse by India's dense population.

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
I had read it yesterday, forgot to post here.I have doubts that this article is true. But cud be true. Only time will tell.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
heh. the problem is that. you cannot wait for it to collapse to see if the claims were true. :)

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
Knowing our govt. it may wait 2 more years till elections. And then it will decide what to do :D

madhusudhan7

leaguemaddy
Regulars
Aug 10, 2008
Bangalore
well i wonder if anything can be done to replace the foundation

----------

Can a building mover do something:

[video=youtube;1r1Fygs0ZaY]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r1Fygs0ZaY&feature=related[/video]

Although this might almost be impossible for a huge structure like Taj

Saurav

Looking for BSNL Broadband substitute
Regulars
Aug 19, 2008
Kolkata
Experts deny Taj Mahal 'collapse' claims - Yahoo! News

Earlier this week, Britain's Daily Mail newspaper quoted Agra's elected parliamentarian Ramshankar Katheria as saying the Taj would "cave in between two and five years" if conservation efforts were not launched.

The Archeological Survey of India (ASI), which began a major facelift for the Taj Mahal in 2007, dismissed the dire predictions for the 358-year-old monument.

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
They wud deny it now. And later on, they will cry over spilled milk. At that time, the problem wud be - Milk wud have already been lost! :(