• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,027

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
Background : A friend wants a mid-low range tablet for casual browsing & stuff. He already has a laptop & a good camera & this he wants to use when he visits his HomeTown (calls it a village) & doesnt want to carry laptop around always he visits. He has a decent smartphone, but wants a low priced tablet with 3GMandatory:Browsing ,3G,Wifi, 8 GB(or atleast expandable), Strictly under 20k - preferably under 15kOptional/Preferrable:Android (2.2 & above), Calling Doesnt care:CameraQueries:3G Dongle based solution is it feasible? 512 MB is sufficient to play latest youtube videos or expect poor performanceTablets looked at:mercury mpad - 10kHCL ME X1 - 10KReliance - 13kiball slide - 14kviewpad 7 - 15kOlivepad - 16k HCL ME A7 - 18k

Out of tablets you listed, Reliance 3G Tablet is a good option provided he has Reliance GSM coverage in his village. Reliance Tablet will work on 3G speed in its 3G circles and will switch to GPRS in rest of the areas.

Alternatively if the smartphone he is carrying has WiFi Hotspot capability and data pack enabled with his mobile service provider, he can use the mobile for net connectivity for tablet through WiFi. In that case, consider getting this awesome Tablet from US through Shop And Ship. It's a one day deal. You won't get any Tablet in India with these specs at this price.

HTC EVO View Android 4G Tablet at US $ 230 >> Wireless Daily Deal, 1 Sale A Day

It's WiFi + CDMA EVDO but CDMA EVDO won't work on Indian network unless cracked, programmed and officially registered.

Seems a good deal (but 3G is the main thing he wants, not sure about cracked etc).... For some reasons Reliance 3G he did not like, but he has it as one of the more of the feasible solutions.

----------

Well, thats the thing... Nobody known seems to be coming from US (for now).... Also he wants 3G as no Wi-fi at his village ... he doesnt even have internet at his home..

Impressive... R&D in chennai :O

----------

Aware of any reviews?

It's the best nder 15K...!!as you know R&D in chennai..so no prob in support for you...!! 🙂Gingerbread...Full HD playback...i've heard its display/playback is the best...!!Cortex A8 1.2Ghz that's a eye catcher too....!!Rest search youtube... you might get some hands on preview...!!

ebay has it for 25k ???

----------

Anyway found a mall in Chennai (spencers plaza), where its supposed to be available as per their site... Will ask my friend to check it out...

kindle does not have a camera. kindle does not have 3g. kindle does not have gps. it is basically a media consumption device. a glorified pmp. 😀

The only thing that is alive in the so called kindle piece is the touch screen i guess...!! :/

----------

Hey..since we are on this topic...!!
Se this one
BT10 Demo Reel
Tell me if this is worth buying...I myself want a low budget Tablet...!!

What about the beach lane...!!Are they having any...??iberry is offering more than any other firm...!!And the most important is that it's very "CHEAP" compared to others....!!