Tablet PC with OTG support out of the box?

ISP
Reliance
Does ipad 2 need any 3rd party app to transfer content from pen drive?
Can external hard disk be accessed in both devices, if so what is the max storage?
how to watch movies and listen music?

Apple iPad would probably need Apple iTunes.
With rooting, both of the devices do not support direct connectivity with hard disks.
You copy the movies to the device using iTunes (iPad) or your computer's file manager (Nexus) and watch it. You might need to reencode the video to make it work on the tablet.

Upvote 0
Not sure if it is possible on the iPad considering it has proprietary connectors.
Nexus 7 needs rooting I believe to enable support for OTG cable.
IndianMascot said:
In iPad no video conversion is required. After copying via iTunes movies can be played.
Technically, iTunes does the conversion. And if iTunes cannot recognize the movie format, you would have to reencode to make iTunes recognize it. Right?

Upvote 0
On eBay connectors are available for iPad and that too OTG. Didn't anyone tried it ?

Upvote 0
chromaniac said:
Not sure if it is possible on the iPad considering it has proprietary connectors.
Nexus 7 needs rooting I believe to enable support for OTG cable.
Technically, iTunes does the conversion. And if iTunes cannot recognize the movie format, you would have to reencode to make iTunes recognize it. Right?
what is rooting? so far i havent used either android or IOS os as im fan of Nokia.

Upvote 0
Well. You are in for tons of reading. In simple words, it is complicated. You would have to hack the device to do more than what the manufacturer allows you to do. You can break things, you might even render the device useless. I suggest using the official routes...

Upvote 0
Rooting would be a very advanced stage. Till now even I am not thinking of rooting my android which is 9 month old. So, I advice to use the features available officially.

Upvote 0
Here is the thing. What you are asking for is connecting a pen drive to the tablet which is something that most tablets do not offer by default. You have to root the device to get this ability. Android does not require a desktop app like Apple iTunes to manage your data. It behaves like a pen drive when you connect it to your computer.

Upvote 0
I would really like to know what exactly do you want in the first place. You want a tablet that you can use to watch videos that you have stored on pen drives?

Upvote 0