System76 Sable Complete

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 8,029
Concept sells nowadays, and it's a good concept.

well the hardware looks shoddy. i mean you can buy yourself better hardware when it comes to desktops. it's a headache on laptops.

Yeah! Why would you buy a $ 1100 computer with basic configuration with an OpenSource OS 😕But, again it's kind of a hybrid computer, there is a specific segment that actually use these kind of machines, but it's small.

Is this available with warranty in India now or some time in the near future??? I am seriously considering buying the new iMac but I would love this machine instead!!! 😀

Uhm, dude? Why? So I can install whatever the heck I want on it 😀 The only reason I'm considering the new iMac is for the hardware, yeah you're right, it's a fantastic MACHINE. I don't mind iOS but don't really care for it too much either. So if the Sable is half decent hardware and price wise, I can dual boot Win8 and Kubuntu on it 😀

i am sure you can do the same on the imac 😕 why not just get yourself a touchscreen display with the new mac mini server edition 😀

I just realised I could just get the iMac and install at least Linux on it! Probably run Win8 with some sort of workarounds 😀 I'm just waiting to see it for real at the Apple store nearby.Yep, right, posted at the same time 😀

avoid the imac if you want to upgrade the internals. i believe the new base model has soldered RAM for example.i like the mac mini very much. no noise. decently powerful. takes so little space.

why not just get yourself a touchscreen display with the new mac mini server edition 😀

I'm too lazy (or maybe getting old) to do all this extra work. I just want to walk in to a store and walk out with something ready to go 😀 Max I'm willing to do is fiddle with OS installations.

avoid the imac if you want to upgrade the internals.

yep, like I just posted, max I would do is tinker with the software. 🙂