system hangs up/mouse stuck up on connecting lan under windows xp sp2

• Thread starter Thread starter rajageethi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 5,806

rajageethi

ISP
bsnl
I have 3 operating systems on my pc working with one GLB-502T ADSL 2+ Router connected for BSNL internet connecton.The OS Windows 2KPro is on C Drive and Windows 2K Server and Windows XP are on D Drive.The system works under os windows 2K Pro even with internet where the internet is configured originally. The system works under Windows XP os without internernet connection.It works evn if the router is swithed on, but when the ethernet cable is not connected to pc.Once the Ethernet cable/Lan is connected the system hangs/mouse stuck up.Further the system is not allowing to cinfigure the internet connection on the OS windows xp. Under phone and modem window the system is not showing the modem as attached in os windows xp where as it shows attaced as Dynalink 1414 ve under windows 2K Pro OS. Like wise the TCP/IP Properties window is not allowing to enter the IP adress.Please guide me how can I make the internet connected under both the OS Windows 2K Professional and Windows XP, without mouse hang up/system hang up.With regards in advance,rajageethi.

The system works under os windows 2K Pro even with internet where the internet is configured originally

(a)Post Ipconfig /all data for win2k
Change to Obtain IP address automatically
The system works under Windows XP os without internernet connection

(b)Post ipconfig /all data for WINXP.
Change to Obtain Ip address automatically.

Now when you check up Network in either OS
the TCP/IP settings will be same ( different pages )
and dynalink1414 ve will have a common setting.

You have to completely shut down
the computer and select the OS you want.
No changes in Modem required.