syrotech SY-GPON-1320-DONT is a best Modem for Bharat Fiber?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ashraf
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 11,005
Depends on what you are looking for.

Unlike traditional ADSL modem, the fiber ONU / ONT is bit complex to understand and get things right.

I personally don't need the telephone, as I have a separate landline phone. I also don't need a router capability as I have a dedicated and powerful router that gets regular firmware updates. So, I'd go for a basic modem with bridge capability, such as Ubiquiti - UFiber Nano G , if I had an opportunity for ftth for my home/office. 😁😁😁

Bsnl provides Alphion Modem. They ask me to purchase that.
But I'm not aware of that modem.
will it worth to purchase Alphion Modem from Bsnl?

1110R for only internet.
And 1000 WONT for Data + Voice.

Why there are no big modem companies like D-Link and TP-Link is there for BSNL FTTH ONT modem? I can't rely on such unknown brands like Syrotech, Netlink and ubiquiti.
By the way what are the price of these ONT: Ubiquiti - UFiber Nano G, 1110R and 1000 WONT

^ That's due to common Indian mentality of going with cheap products. Of course, there are exceptions.

There are three types of companies that offer networking componets (adsl modem, fiber ONU and routers).

- re-branding companies: they buy cheap Chinese networking products and sell it in their own brand name. After-sale service is handled by Indian companies that re-brand the original product.

- consumer facing companies: such as D-Link, TP-Link. They want maximum benefit. So, they don't normally care about security aspects of their own products or the users who use their products. Of course, there are some good companies in this list too. Such as Asus, Netgear. But, their products are very costly compared to previous category of companies. So, their FTTH products can't survive in India. Moreover, companies such as BSNL procure ONU directly from re-branding companies. So, there is little marketshare left to compete.

- business / enterprise companies: such as Cisco, Mikrotik and ubiquiti. They care for their products and for the users who use them. They are traditionally much more costlier than the above two category. Yet, they offer the maximum value for money by keeping us and our data secure and safe from bad guys / girls / bots.