Syrotech router keeps changing its name and settings

• Thread starter Thread starter Jojo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 7,309
ISP
BSNL
am using Syrotech router bearing
S. No SY2009VS01023 for the last 1 year or so. But from last one week I am facing terrible issues . The router changes its network name to Shin-Chan and hides itself and then also changes its wifi password. I tried to change all this several times but it changes back everything to these settings . I tried hard reset option but It doesn't work . Please help

Have you tried changing admin page password?

Someone's playing a prank on you. Probably abusing those WPS apps.

First disable WPS in your ONT. It's in Network>WLAN>WLAN Security. Then change wifi password.

Steps you should follow.
Plug in to your Router via Ethernet port.
Log into your admin panel (192.168.1.1). Hopefully the guy has not changed the admin password yet.
If admin password has been changed, then you need to Hard reset your router by pressing the reset button with a sharp object like a pin for 20 seconds or so.
Now you log in to your admin panel by Ethernet port again.
Bring down your WIFI by turning it off for some time. Next turn off the WPS option on your router and restart if it asks.
Keep a strong password which consists of multicharacter. something like
For example:
  • “Pass Go and collect $200”– p@$$GOandCLCt$200
  • “Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall” — humTdumt$@t0nAwa11
  • “It is raining cats and dogs!”– 1tsrAIn1NGcts&DGS
Next Whitelist all the mobile and computer devices you will be using the MAC address filter in your Syrotech router. That should be good to go. Make sure its whitelist and not blacklist. You are good to go.

Have you tried changing admin page password?
Yes I did it . But that doesn't work. I don't understand why the hard reset doesn't occur when I keep the reset button long pressed. The lights will indicate a reset but the software settings dont

Yeah that's a software problem with those Chinese routers. The router will probably brick at some point with multiple resets. Better skip the step and just go with Ethernet port and login directly

Steps you should follow.
Plug in to your Router via Ethernet port.
Log into your admin panel (192.168.1.1). Hopefully the guy has not changed the admin password yet.
If admin password has been changed, then you need to Hard reset your router by pressing the reset button with a sharp object like a pin for 20 seconds or so.
Now you log in to your admin panel by Ethernet port again.
Bring down your WIFI by turning it off for some time. Next turn off the WPS option on your router and restart if it asks.
Keep a strong password which consists of multicharacter. something like
For example:
  • “Pass Go and collect $200”– p@$$GOandCLCt$200
  • “Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall” — humTdumt$@t0nAwa11
  • “It is raining cats and dogs!”– 1tsrAIn1NGcts&DGS
Next Whitelist all the mobile and computer devices you will be using the MAC address filter in your Syrotech router. That should be good to go. Make sure its whitelist and not blacklist. You are good to go.
When I turn on whitelist mac filter . Then it shows no internet on connected devices

When I turn on whitelist mac filter. Then it shows no internet on connected devices
You need to add the MAC address of all the devices you are using to the list. Do you see any unknown devices in the LAN table?
You can see that using Fing mobile app on your Android or iPhone

Go to management>Device management>Restore default (Reset button control (enable)). Select Restore factory default. Also, send a screenshot of your software version.