Syrotech ONU not saving Network settings | unable to enable Telnet also | port binding?

• Thread starter Thread starter maverick27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 9,967
Some items have an option to buy a sample unit. I can't find the pm option.

@WieldyBinkie I tried stdONU101 but it doesn't work. Neither do other suggestions on the 'net. Will call that chap later today..if I paid 4K for the ONT that certainly makes it mine.

The ONT has the latest greatest 3/2022 firmware..comes with a stupid captcha on the login page. Model no is SY-GPON-2010-WADONT

@WieldyBinkie yeah...that's what he charged me..LCO needs to take a cut. It is available on Amazon for about 5.5K so I was ok with it.

Ok so I called the LCO and asked him nicely explaining that I had paid for the darned ONT and do not expect to be locked out of it. Gave him an assurance that I won't mess with the settings and he said it is bsnl@123 just as he said before..but the secret is that the ONT has a mobile page and a PC page after you login. A link is given at the bottom left of the screen. You need to make changes? Go to the PC page and try and use a desktop browser...sometimes mobile browsers do not display the fields properly. Will try it out with my laptop. If it doesn't work then I'll call him back.

So, digging around a bit into BSNL's....err MY brand new Syrotech router...(these look pretty cheaply built) I noted the WAN has ipv4 and v6 checked, but of course there's no v6 deployment as yet and I only get a v4 IP. Still to check if it is a CGNAT or public. The thing is with BSNL you cant say. 😒 But then there's the Dec '22 deadline so let's see.

Confirmed today I am getting a public dynamic IPv4 not CG-NAT on my 30 Mbps fibre connection. It has run rock stable since it was started about 6 days back. Early days yet but it is a bit confidence inspiring. I had a BSNL DSL connection for nearly 10 years. As long you don't need support from them it's great otherwise getting those lazy fellows to solve your issues is a task in and of itself. Hopefully this LCO will attend to any issues pronto.

Unable to enable telnet - I was able to get this working by lowering the Firewall level to low from high.