Syrotech ONU not saving Network settings | unable to enable Telnet also | port binding?

• Thread starter Thread starter maverick27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 9,940
So that means it's possible to stop configuration pushed by LCO's OLT after every reboot? My LCO is really friendly and he is always ready to help but I really want to have my own control over this ONT so I can freely change some settings into it instead of asking my LCO

what is the telnet or ssh id and password for sy-GPON-1110 wdont? I am able to login webui but telnet showing wrong id or password.

Download the config file backup. It should be an XML file. Open it and search for the word Telnet.

One of the search results should Telnet User and another should be the telnet password.

Ok guys, our home's many decades old BSNL line died because someone stole a massive length of copper cable from a duct not very far away. Yeah they steal thick copper cables about 40 metres from a police station. The bloody 💩s.

Long story short. After 3 months BSNL offered to upgrade my line to fibre which I agreed. This is via a LCO. Now, they've given me a Syrotech dual band router Syrotech SY-G/EPON-1110 WDAONT Wont G/EPON ONU Wireless Router Optical Network Unit with 4 Antenna which they made me pay 4K for (SMH)...and the line is finally functional and comes with a 30 Mbps plan. TBH I really don't need a 3rd connection and this one will be used as a guest wifi at best. The optical line RX strength is -23 to -24 dBm which is good enough.

I hope you can help out here. I am trying to change my wifi password and the darned ONT doesn't save it. The so called admin password is bsnl@123 which is obviously not the one they use to configure the device. It does not save any settings. What is the super admin password?

And no, BSNL doesn't offer ipv6...only a v4 address. And I think it is a CG NAT. Will have to check.

I'll check on the the suggestion tomm, thanks. How do you get to know which BNG he has? He told me IPv6 has not been enabled by BSNL..this chap is a LCO and he's clueless/helpless. Quite surprising as Govt. organisations were required to shift to v6 pronto as I recall.

Dude it's a 30 Meg connection yaar..no big deal. 😀😀

Bloody irony is he charged me 4K for the darned ONT and now I have no control over something I purchased. He'll be hearing from me soon. 😈

@WieldyBinkie thanks but getting access to BSNL's exchange premises would be difficult. And TBH since this will be a tertiary connection at best I'll just leave it be. All I want to do is now get control of the ONT I paid for. 🙂

About those news articles - no wonder Airtel has been moving quickly to v6...my connection got v6 less than 1 month back while Tata has always been on v6 + CG NAT v4.

@Chip I should have made myself clear. You can get the mac id from ONT logs.

The previous deadline was October 2021 but got postponed.

Btw, I'm getting an intel n5105 box next month for pfsense. Can't find the dm option, as I'd require assistance 😛

@WieldyBinkie thanks man I'll check the logs over the coming 1-2 days. Also about pfSense, I have configured it successfully for IPv6 on TPBB and recently Airtel but I am not sure what BSNL's settings are. That said, regarding the normal v4 set up, sure, ask away. I need to do a deep dive into that darned Syrotech.