MTNL Mumbai Syrma modem not working!

ISP
MTNL Mumbai
Dear Members, I was using BSNL broadband at Hyderabad using syrma wifi router + modem. Now I have shifted base to Mumbai and taken MTNL Mumbai connection. Now I am struggling to configure internet settings with the modem. For Mtnl Mumbai default VCI no is 32 but in the webpage 192.168.1.1 it is shown as 35. Even if I change it to 32 and save, it gives the error "Failed to update due to ...duplicate to a vpi/vci". My doubt is whether I can use syrma router for Mtnl Mumbai and if yes what is the workaround for the error mentioned above. Also when I open the page 192.168.1.1, the page shows BSNL logo instead of Mtnl logo. Please guide.

Don't you think you had to surrender their BSNL router/modem?
Anyway.
Since it provided by BSNL the logo would stay the same. The logo is not any indication of your connection.

If you already have your BSNL settings in it, I would suggest you to first reset the modem and set up as new.
Since you did not mention what all other settings you are putting in I cannot tell what else might be going wrong.
So here are basic settings you would need if you reset
PVC0
VPI 0
VCI 32

username : number@a
password : CA number

If you aren't sure what you are doing, follow a guide to setup MTNL router. If that doesn't help, report back.

Good luck

Dear Demonicult, I have purchased the modem from BSNL while I took the connection from them in Hyderabad. So I did not surrender that. As told by you I have already reset the modem twice but the BSNL setting don't go away. For e.g. VCI 35 is by default present in that and when I change it to 32 it gives me the error duplicate vpi/VCI. Regarding other setting as told by you in the reply I have updated them for Mtnl Mumbai such as username password etc but it does not allow me to save the setting due to the error. I have tried for PVC 2 and VCI 32 as told in other forums but it is not saving. Don't know how to remove this error. Thanks for your reply.

Okay. Didn't know BSNL sells routers too. I thought like MTNL they only rent.

If possible post screenshots of your configuration pages (hide your details if you want), this might even help us see some settings which you might be doing differently.

The error you get likely means some other PVC configuration is using VCI 32. So you need to either use that PVC or simply force it to not use it.
I would suggest forcing it by changing it this way, configure PVC0 for MTNL with VCI 32 and all other available PVC for VCI above 35. And then save it.

Edit : Details