synced to low speeds on mtnl broadband

gauravmhatre

Regular
ISP
MTNL TRIBAND
Hi friends,I have triband,and i am on DSL 749 and i am supposed to get speeds up to 2 mb,but i am getting speeds only up to 508 kpbs!!!!!!Even in my D-Link home page it shows DSL speed 500/511 kpbswhat do i do,whom do i complain,should i write a email to them or whtkindly help!!!! at your earliest

contact prabhadevi exchange persons , or first try local exchnge SDO. and do online complaint also ....may be ur line is not proper. get it checked.🙁

Name: Options: NAT Firewall Type: PPPoEStaticDHCPBridge Sharing: Disable Enable VLAN VLAN ID: Priority Bits: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 PPP Settings Idle Timeout: secs Keep Alive: min Authentication: Auto CHAP PAP MTU: bytes On Demand: Default Gateway: Enforce MTU: Debug: PPP Unnumbered: Valid Rx: LAN: LAN group 1 Host Trigger: PVC Settings PVC: New VPI: VCI: QoS: UBR CBR VBR-nrt VBR-rt PCR: cps SCR: cps MBS: cells CDVT: usecs Auto PVC: Status Information System Uptime: 0 hours 14 minutes DSL Status: Connected DSL Speed: 511/508kbps Ethernet: Connected Software Version: 3.7.0D.1.A Temporary access Update: Disabled

that doesnt show your SNR , look carefully, its mostly your line , i had a similar issue , it was a line problem

even i have the same problem.. synched to lower speeds.. SNR Margin 12.0db 12.0db dBLine Attenuation 32.5db 20.5db dBLoss of Signal 0 0 CRC Errors 1121 0 Data Rate 1152 Kbps 640 Kbps kbpswill have to complain more effectively to get this solved i think...

Downstream Upstream SNR Margin : 45.3 12.9 db Line Attenuation : 15.0 11.3 db Data Rate : 2048 260 kbps these are my line details,kindly tell me how is my line status... is it good or bad?????

@gauravmhatre:Your line statistics are quite appreciable. Also you are synced to 2048 kbps. That means there's some problem at the server end.Try using Bridge mode and see if it helps as some of them here who were facing this 'April problems' were able to surf web at good speeds after switching to bridge mode.@jithin_s: Your SNR values are too less and on top of that line attenuation is also very high. You need to get your line thoroughly checked for any high resistance. Ask the lines man to get your line checked from the exchange to your house using their testing kit which is done from the exchange end.

2048kbps is good enough if your on a 256kbps or 512kbps PLAN.. SNR loooks good.
WHat are u saying?? If he's on 256kbps he must be synced to 256 Downstream 512 DS on 512 kbps.

MTNL lazy babus dont take trouble to reduce the sync of users switched from limited 2mbps plan to 256 or 512 unlimited plans.

This happens with only MTNL, private ISP's are very strict with bandwidth management.

@jithin_s: Your SNR values are too less and on top of that line attenuation is also very high. You need to get your line thoroughly checked for any high resistance. Ask the lines man to get your line checked from the exchange to your house using their testing kit which is done from the exchange end.

hey thanks a lot for the info.. no wonder i face regular disconnections..

WHat are u saying?? If he's on 256kbps he must be synced to 256 Downstream 512 DS on 512 kbps.

MTNL lazy babus dont take trouble to reduce the sync of users switched from limited 2mbps plan to 256 or 512 unlimited plans.

This happens with only MTNL, private ISP's are very strict with bandwidth management.
i dont think thats how it works, atleast in bsnl , the minimum sync rate is 2048kbps , even on a 256kbps UL connection..

If that would have been d case with BSNL then which technique they use to cap d speeds??How come a 256UL is distinguished from a 2mbps connection user?And why 256UL user is not synced to 256kbps, sicne it will boost his SNR marginas SNR is inversely proportional to sync speed.

No mention please buddy 😀. I must warn you that getting your line checked from the exchange is not an easy job. The lines man may totally refuse at first but you have to coax him a lot either by using your communication skills or showing him the buck :cool2:.