How to close Paytm Fastag?

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
So, I recently had to find out how I can close my Paytm Fastag. The app itself does not offer any direct option. They require you to call their call center and follow through menus to apply which essentially sends you a sms with the link that works in app. You would need to open this on mobile where Paytm app is installed and fastag is configured in it.

Refund came back in around four days.

Last edited:
Four days after the call?

The app does offer close Fastag option now but it wants us to upload a photo of destroyed Fastag. I removed it and threw it away few days back. Now I need to go to the local garbage dump and start searching for my destroyed Fastag. 🙁

We have officially Close Fastag? What if I simply removed it and replaced with other, would there be any issues?
Few months back when I faced issue with Paytm KYC, I removed their Fastag and replaced with HDFC Fastag.
I had no amount in PayTM wallet as I couldn't recharge wallet due to KYC issue.

Didn't they block 150 security? And yeah I got the 150 back after four days of closing through the app. Probably delayed now 😔. Money was added to wallet balance so I guess they would have to do it before the extended deadline 🤷🏼

Last edited:
Reactions: SVK
I requested it sometime around 20th I think. Was closed yday. And the help section says I will get 250 back by 7th march. Lol

I tried calling but they just put me on hold for 5+ minutes.

I almost forgot about Rs 150 security. Need to check that.
Although I had requested to Close my Paytm account, it was not closed even after 1 month.

i complained to nch to return the soundbox in january but the complain is still open. no response nothing.

its good that you guys are receiving refunds of the security deposit.

Today when I opened Paytm help, it asked me to furnish bank details for the refund. They could have sent a notification but nope. Chalo. Let's see when I will get it back.

For me amount was added to Paytm Wallet. I transferred amount from Wallet to bank account.
Thanks @Sushubh for reminding about Security deposit 🙂
They did asked for Fastag photo, but anyways without uploading anything account was closed.