Symantec - Norton Internet Security - Norton AntiVirus

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 18,560
Thanks for the replies guys! Hmm, the reviews I read did mention the fact that the new Norton products are not as resource-intensive as their old products. Are you guys talking about the new Norton products or the old ones?

Hmm yeah I've read the reviews before and everything seems good. What about opinions from fellow forum members?

well i wont still put my money on norton even if they have tried reducing the memory consumed still it has so many built in applications running that it will hog considerable amount of RAM i suggest go in for NOD32 or Kaspersky . And also active virus shield which Sushubh said is pretty decent

well i wont still put my money on norton
even if they have tried reducing the memory consumed still it has so many built in applications running that it will hog considerable amount of RAM
i suggest go in for NOD32 or Kaspersky . And also active virus shield which Sushubh said is pretty decent
Norton a resource-hog? Hmmm...I don't think have such problems.

I think you’re talking about the old Norton. I’m having it in my 4-yr old laptop, got recently from the last IT show and it’s good.
If you’ve got 2006 version you can get free upgrade, plus look at the resource numbers on Home & Home Office - Symantec Corp.

Hope this enlightens everyone!

Norton a resource-hog? Hmmm...I don't think have such problems.

I think you’re talking about the old Norton. I’m having it in my 4-yr old laptop, got recently from the last IT show and it’s good.
If you’ve got 2006 version you can get free upgrade, plus look at the resource numbers on Home & Home Office - Symantec Corp.

Hope this enlightens everyone!
norton 10-15 mb memory usage they are kidding us man
after all which company would admit that their product sucks :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Symantec to ship Norton smartphone suite next week Security applications maker Symantec is all set to launch their latest product to complement their mobile security product line next week. Symantec would be launching new products designed for Microsoft’s Mobile platform. This would include a consumer product called Norton Mobile Security for Smartphones and an enterprise solution named [...]

Symantec to ship Norton Norton Mobile Security suite next week

try nod.. way way better than the rest.. kaspersky is the best though.. but.. is a lil heavy..for a firewall.. try sygate.. or outpost..u can get sygate in oldversion.com

Symantec has now launched the latest editions of their Norton Internet Security and Antivirus packages in the Indian market. The company said that these latest editions now feature enhanced protection against new and emerging online threats. Vishal Dhupar, managing director of Symantec India added in a statement: “Our 2008 products bring valuable new protection technologies to block [...]

Symantec Norton 2008 security packages now available in India

Norton Smartphone Security for mobile devices launchedSymantec has announced the launch of their security package for mobile devices. This application has been named Norton Smartphone Security.Norton Smartphone Security comes loaded with anti-virus technology, a firewall, and anti-spam capabilities.It is available for mobile devices powered with either Windows Mobile or Symbian operating systems.The company said that [...]

Norton Smartphone Security for mobile devices launched

Norton 360 Version 2 test edition coming up soon Symantec has said that they are soon going to make available the test edition of their upcoming Norton 360 Version 2 release. The company said that this updated version would include new Web security and identity-theft protection features. In addition, it would also ship with a “smart firewall” [...]

Norton 360 Version 2 test edition coming up soon

Norton 2009 Products are Light on Resources, Strong on Protection, Backed by Free Phone SupportReading, UK â 17 September, 2008 â Symantec, Corp. (NASDAQ: SYMC) today launched Norton Internet Security 2009 and Norton AntiVirus 2009 in Europe, Middle East and Africa, raising the standard for speed and performance. The Norton 2009 products were designed with [...]

Symantec Launches its Fastest Norton Security Products Ever