SY-GPON-2010 Telnet

• Thread starter Thread starter alexb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4,276
ISP
Ani Network/Broadband
Got an ONT here - SY-GPON-2010-WADONT (Locked from excitel end)
Just like maverick here I am unable to turn on the telnet either and it keeps unchecking itself after I hit submit.
Any ideas in case how to unlock it to be used on other ISP?

EDIT: Telnet can be enabled after getting firewall security to low. Now onto how to unlock it.

Last edited:
Well found out a while ago that these ones are HG323DAC ONT from VSOL.
There's some mentions of it in some threads here, similar models from Digisol, Optilink and Netlink. Unfortunately turns out you can't install firmware from a different provider apparently, or at least I am unable to. I tried firmware from Netlink and digisol (although digisol turned out to be some different model, wrong download maybe)

Any ideas perhaps? Contacted Syrotech support and they asked me to mail them regarding it.

EDIT: Netlink Firmware keeps rejected or not sure what's happening. Since all the router shows is flashing and a countdown and no logs or anything of the sort.

Last edited:
Managed to install DBC firmware for HG323DAC meant for BSNL. Not sure if the device is supposed to now work only with BSNL or should it work with all ISPs. Internet still doesn't work on it.

Edit: Also I'm unable to get the device in GPON mode and it remains in EPON only. Sorry, a noob here. But if I'm directly connecting to the device without a router (in bridge mode) should the device be in epon or gpon mode?
Edit: Well bridging works, I can access internet using it as a modem/ONU and a router. So I'm guessing there's some setting I'm missing or it is the GPon/EPon thing.

Edit: So I managed to get the internet working. Apparently the only setting that matters for some reason is the NAT option. I need to have it enabled else the internet doesn't work for some reason. Without it, it works fine.

@JB701 I might need your input here perhaps. Two things remain out of my hands.
Unable to use it as GPon and unable to use internet without NAT. I don't want to enable NAT considering isp already has CGNat enabled. Don't want more hassle. Also Nat configuration then has three types of nat options. Nat 1, Nat 2 and Nat 4 (default/recommended)

Last edited:
i think what you should do is contact your lco and get the onu replaced with a regular gigabit wired ont. you can't use your own onu as excitel's has some extra data for handshaking with olt.

i couldn't find any way to get the thing into bridge for the brief time i had it.

Well let's just say my LCO who had a little blunder with one of his lots. The reseller he buys the ONT from also ships to the Excitel and had a couple devices mixed which he never noticed up until now. It's been a couple months and the reseller refused to replace them. Hence the current situation. I only asked since I was getting one for free.

As far as getting the internet is about as I said above, I managed to get the router working after a firmware flash. It might also be due to that NAT thing that it wasn't working before and it may just not have needed a flash at all. Which according to the ISP he didn't have to be needed to be enabled. I'm simply guessing that the ISP just doesn't know much, since he usually doesn't mess around with the routers himself nor does anyone he has working under him.
He still has 2 or 3 more locked routers so I can test my theory about that later.

Oh right, that was also another thing the ISP didn't know or well not sure, but he assumed since it's on FTTH they don't store MACs nowadays which was wrong. And I have the option to clear my MAC from their end from customer portal easily. That's something I also had to do to get it to work. I'll check when he gives me the other routers with excitel firmware.

EDIT: Oh if you meant that the NAT thing could be due to the MAC cloning then it wasn't. Even after the MAC was renewed from the new device and internet working, once I disable NAT it would drop. Although the pppoe connection was up and alive since in the status it said that the connection was up. Enabling NAT back would make it work again instantly.

Last edited:
Can you tell us how did you manage to update firmware it would be a big help ..DBC firmware for HG323DAC