Switching to NU

powdermonkey

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Hi guys,I want to switch to Night Unlimited plan. Currently on 399-plan.I want to know will I be able to switch immediately or I ve to wait for some time??I want to download some serious loads of data and I want to confirm whether I am on NU plan.

hmm...i think u can immediately transfer...they'll charge u on a pro-rata basis... 🤔

pro-rata is u pay as u use...means if 399/- is for whole month, then divide it with the no. of days in the month...so u'll have to pay that much for ur existing plan...and the same way u'll have to pay for NU plan for the rest of the days left in the month...u've got 400 MB so u're safe, no probs...but still u'll have to pay according to the monthly Rs. 399/- only...uploads don't count!!! 😀

Nope, powdermonkey they wont shift u immediately. MTNL-Delhi website mentions that transfer from one plan to the other is free but it is effective from the 1st of the next month.

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Jun 28 2005, 09:09 PM
pro-rata is u pay as u use...means if 399/- is for whole month, then divide it with the no. of days in the month...so u'll have to pay that much for ur existing plan...and the same way u'll have to pay for NU plan for the rest of the days left in the month...

u've got 400 MB so u're safe, no probs...but still u'll have to pay according to the monthly Rs. 399/- only...

uploads don't count!!! 😀
[snapback]14058[/snapback]
[/quote]

how do they calculate downloaded mb?only the data we actually d.load from any site?or the sites we open r also calculated in downloads?&what about email we open?do u know?can u guide me pls?

well, every bit of data transfer is counted in ur downloaded MB...so no matter what u're doing, if it includes getting data from the internet, then it will be counted in ur usage...and cyberwiz, thanks for that info...i didn't know that...just guessed what i said 🙂

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Jun 29 2005, 06:59 AM
well, every bit of data transfer is counted in ur downloaded MB...so no matter what u're doing, if it includes getting data from the internet, then it will be counted in ur usage...

and cyberwiz, thanks for that info...i didn't know that...just guessed what i said 🙂
[snapback]14089[/snapback]
[/quote]

how can we get the info about the mb of any page?do u have any idea?what is avareage mb size of any heavy grafic page?say msn...... 🙁

use opera 😉 you would notice that normal pages can easily use up more than a quarter of a meg...

Ya ..Opera is really good at this!Most of the webpages usually are 40-50kb's excluding the images.If you play online flash games or viewing a flash site ..the size 'll be definately more.If you use IE, you can view the file size by going to..File>Properties 😉And yes, the chatting messages or searching in P2P n/w is also counted 😛

btw shrithakar, i'm sure u're don't really mean MSN page as the heavy graphic page 😉 :lol:

Originally posted by powdermonkey@Jun 29 2005, 05:29 PM
Ya ..Opera is really good at this!
Most of the webpages usually are 40-50kb's excluding the images.
If you play online flash games or viewing a flash site ..the size 'll be definately more.
If you use IE, you can view the file size by going to..
File>Properties  😉

And yes, the chatting messages or searching in P2P n/w is also counted  😛
[snapback]14134[/snapback]
[/quote]
Get FIrefox, downlaod the Opera type status bar extension, also download Adblock and Flshblock, then you can either completely disable Flash animation or if you wish play some. There are extensions for every damn thing sio you can do almost anything ;-)

so i download firefox, install 10 extra extensions to get something i can get from downloadin opera in one shot? and opera installation is smaller and more compact than firefox... umm...

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jun 29 2005, 11:34 PM
so i download firefox, install 10 extra extensions to get something i can get from downloadin opera in one shot? and opera installation is smaller and more compact than firefox... umm...
[snapback]14215[/snapback]
[/quote]I sincerely agree to the fact that Opera is way faster and low on memory (if memory cache is turned off) as compared to Firefox, and it has many more things that Firefox needs extensions for. I was an Opera user previously so I know. However, now many extensions in Firefox I have become very used to, and I'm unable to use any browser not having such features eg : adblock, Minimize to Systray etc. The comparison is a very sticky and a very debatable subject actually, TBH I like both browsers in their own way. Opera is fast, whereas Firefox has many useful extensions.