Switching To Airtel

bad_till_bones

GraveYard
Regulars
Hello Guys !!!!!I am an old member of this site, but new to this Airtel forum. Will be using MTNL TriBAND 256 kbps night unlimited (00:00hrs - 08:00hrs) plan till this month end. After that will be switching to AIRTEL Home 699 plus plan. Have already got the Airtel landline and will get the DSL connection on same. I am curious to know about the performance of the AIRTEL Home 699 plus plan. In terms of consistency and speed...Hope there is no downtime and as they say, its fully unlimited? :p

waterloo_sunset

Regulars
No downtime whatsoever....maybe a min here n there. Yea, it's fully unlimited........................BUT when it comes to speeds, it's beginning to suck. Was getting speeds b/w 105/110kbps for the first 3 months, since then been cut to 80kbps. Now i don't know whether this is deliberate or just a fallout of rapid addition of new subscribers. And the most frustrating part is that since they conveniently claim to provide "upto" 128kbps, u don't have a case unless ur speeds dip below 64kbps and surfing speeds do. But they swear by their own tampered speedometers, so ur completely helpless. So it's a lottery of sorts. If u get good speeds, good for you....but if u don't or if they resort to throttling then am afraid you'll have to live with it.

mayank1200

Regulars
close this thread as its the repetition of some old thread.