Switching from BSNL Broadband to Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter jason29
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 16,916
ISP
BSNL
Hello friends i am using BSNL right now and i planning to switch to Airtel. My current BSNL plan is 1445rs and Airtel told me that my area is feasible with a plan of 2Mbps for 15GB for 999rs. And they said i can upgrade my plan to 1499rs plan (which i saw in the forum) afterwards.

One more thing is that, they say they can give me my old landline number back if i take the connection..Is it possible?

Kindly help me in taking a proper decision..

i am guessing only airtel can tell if your old number is not in use hence available for allocation to you?

Okay i will check with Airtel about it. And about the service change, do you think it is wise to change now as BSNL has introduced some plan changes from Oct 1, 2015

i guess you can wait for a month. i am not expecting them to launch 2mbps unlimited plans. the only plans that are likely to change are the ones which offer less than 2mbps speeds. they would become 2mbps with same or low FUP limits (in case of 512kbps unlimited plans).
also. if bsnl does go 2mbps unlimited (not happening!), airtel would probably need to respond as bsnl is a major player and the move would take away a large chunk of their own customers.

Call up your old number, if it says it doesn't exist, then you can tell airtel to provide the same to you. That's what I did.

Kabira speaking (from hera pheri), disconnect your connection otherwise gabbar would come to your place.

@jason29

Call and cut it immediately if it rings?

Of course airtel being airtel will not agree immediately. Tell them you won't take up a new connection otherwise, and then see the magic!

okay guys i will check it, sad my parents don't want to close the BSNL connection. They say it is useful for submitting address verification 🙁

that is kind of true i suppose. sadly bsnl does not have an unlimited calling plan otherwise you could have used it exclusively as a landline.
if reliance jio turns out to be usable, i plan to switch to it for internet and continue using airtel as a landline.

I will update here about the choice i make...i am afraid of one thing..they said i can upgrade my plans in the future..i don't know how true it is.

airtel? you can upgrade multiple times a month. and iirc your fup is reset after every plan change.
and you can do it from your phone or even twitter. no need to go to airtel shop or exchange or anything like that!

Thanks a lot for helping, i was a corporate Airtel BB user for 4 years and i had a great experience...hope they provide the same here if i take one.

support wise, you are likely to face no issues. the only problem with airtel are their plans which do not work for all kind of customers. they have decided to focus on low usage customers. if you have high usage, you are stuck with one of their super expensive plans that cost as much as 3500 bucks per month.

@Navjot Singh can attest to this 😀 an airtel guy was with him for many hours yesterday getting his connection activated. he stayed till the connection was properly configured to give proper speeds and stuff.

i am kind of jealous of his connection as he is getting pretty decent upload speeds without any packet loss. my connectivity on the other hand is awful.