Switching from BSNL Broadband to Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter jason29
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 16,928
Yup their plans are the one which gives problem to all, i too had a friendly and quick customer service when i was with them...very very less downtime and ping was great.

so I was about to get TPTL (IIRC) in ghaziabad today itself.

But I met a neighbor who told Airtel broadband is available in my tower too.

So I am thinking getting Airtel one in greed of free calls,

also apart from this my telephony is badly hampered, Vodafone on roaming stays on "E" and even whatsapp doesn't work
I have pre-paid and have 3+GB in 3G left, and roaming pack etc etc, still making calls from any location in GZB is a pain.

Reliance GSM ji bhi roaming pey hain, I pay RS.13 for roaming pack, but signal goes on roaming for atleast 6-7 hours everyday.

Lastly : Can Broadband and phone can be used simultaneously ?

I just called my old Airtel no and i got a message saying number is out of service..i think no one is using this as of now.

If you have high usage never go for airtel. I in fact, am planning to shift to bsnl due to their minimum 2 mbps from Oct 1. Airtel is just horrible with that 512kb speed after fup.

If you have high usage never go for airtel. I in fact, am planning to shift to bsnl due to their minimum 2 mbps from Oct 1. Airtel is just horrible with that 512kb speed after fup.
I have a post fup speed of 256 kbps from bsnl. Its going to remain the same even after October 1. I have never used my full quota of 175 gb because I am terrified to surf at 256 kbps.My normal speed is not that great too.it's just 3.5 mbps even though the plan says 4 mbps.

Me too think of skipping Airtel and go for TPTL as airtel is asking for Rs.1000 as installation charges.

Talking about installation where everything is already installed in apartment.
Even my router is ready to rock once the provider connects his wire to under wall wiring.

Seriously wih 15+ years I've been interneting this makes me look clown.

I've asked them to waive it or I'll not sign up.

Book online and get 500 waived off. Though I don't know complete procedure better check airtel website.
Or you can get free installation buying chromecast from snapdeal.

Yup, 1000rs for installation and the plan available in my area is 2 Mbps alone..They said i can upgrade, i don't know how..

Can any one tell the official installation charges

Till now no action has been taken, Airtel representative via mail said things will be taken care within 3 days. But i just received 2 calls to check my area feasibility and they said they will get back, but none got back 😀

@jason29 keep you BSNL land line and switch to Airtel broadband after October. I too am almost sure that there won't be 2 Mbps unlimited plans from BSNL. But again, that is a guess.

@jason29 don't have much hope on BSNL. The true acronym of BSNL is Bhool Se bhi Nahi Lena...

So looks like more BSNL LL connections will be disconnected due to that stupid minimum 2Mbps joke.

I will close it if they started redirect to their stupid smart byte page after that useless 1 GB...