Switching between operators - hardware queries

• Thread starter Thread starter ShaQ.Blogs
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,094

ShaQ.Blogs

ISP
BSNL
I have a couple of questions.1. Can we switch from Subscriber A to Subscriber B and continue to use the Dish & Set top box of Subscriber A (Of course, this implies 'install correctly' and get a new card/subscription of subscriber B)? I know this is being made mandatory (or is it already mandatory?) like for mobile numbers, but is it possible now and today?2. In case of a new connection, do we have to use whatever set top box & dish is being provided for a particular broadcaster? Can we use a third party set top box?

1. by subscriber A&B i hope u meant operator A&B. The answer then will be yes but still CAM card needs to be changed i guess.2.yes u can

Yup. I meant operator, like Tata Sky dish box & sat with a videocon CAM card.I presume the subscription charges are basically for CAM card, activation & installation.Are there instances where people have done this? Do you have any recommendations for a good Set Top Box (3rd party)? I might go for either Videocon or Airtel as the operator. I know the TS set top box is superior while the Airtel & Videocon is not so great.