Switched to Beam Fiber from BSNL

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,354
I used to use Pacenet but the local agent in Santa Cruz West Rajesh was a real arse so had to move. But Pacenet was good

Fivenet doesn't seem to have anyone in Santa Cruz West. The closest they have is in Santa Cruz East. That's never going to work

Was using BSNL since 2006 and pretty happy shud have faced downtime for 5-6 times yes 5-6 times, that stable was BSNL however due to their pathetic plans and useless CC, too much noise in the Landline decided to shift to Beam Fiber, We recently shifted to a new place there were 2 options BSNL or Beam so hence choosed Beam
Opted for 599 plan which gives 4 mbps till 25 GB and 768kbps thereafter
The executive came and installed with 2 days provided username and password and as of now connection is stable.

I too am planning to shift to Beam from BSNL..

Couple of questions.. it seems the Beam guys install some sort of tiny device connected to the power supply, they say it draws hardly any power.. do they do this for all homes?

I have a Beetel ADSL2+Router which I guess will not work for Beam.. will the following work for Beam.. any idea how good it is..

Amazon.in: Buy TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router Online at Low Prices in India | TP-Link Reviews & Ratings

Last edited by a moderator: