• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,355

Jignesh

Regulars
ISP
Beam Fiber
Was using BSNL since 2006 and pretty happy shud have faced downtime for 5-6 times yes 5-6 times, that stable was BSNL however due to their pathetic plans and useless CC, too much noise in the Landline decided to shift to Beam Fiber, We recently shifted to a new place there were 2 options BSNL or Beam so hence choosed Beam
Opted for 599 plan which gives 4 mbps till 25 GB and 768kbps thereafter
The executive came and installed with 2 days provided username and password and as of now connection is stable.
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3402483770

BSNL too has launched plans, both ADSL & FTTH, which are almost identical to Beam plans.

Jignesh said:
Was using BSNL since 2006 and pretty happy shud have faced downtime for 5-6 times yes 5-6 times, that stable was BSNL however due to their pathetic plans and useless CC, too much noise in the Landline decided to shift to Beam Fiber, We recently shifted to a new place there were 2 options BSNL or Beam so hence choosed Beam
The executive came and installed with 2 days provided username and password and as of now connection is stable.
Congrats you're lucky.

SHITSNL after fup.

Jignesh said:
after fup atleast i thought they gave 1mbps....768 is pathetic or might u opted for some other plan.... :russianroulette:

lucky man, UP(EAST) lucknow.Customer Care is shitter and worst they don't even know what is a ping.

what to except from bsnl....the way it should be from so many years ....someone got the advantages others not...

what can be done if one has no other isp's in their area.....u must need internet now anyways so we dont have any option like others..so u should accept what u got and pay for

vj_0987 said:
after fup atleast i thought they gave 1mbps....768 is pathetic or might u opted for some other plan.... :russianroulette:
I know BSNL gives 650 UL 4 mbps and 2 mbps after FUp however I rarely HIT the FUP margin so 25 gb is more than enough for me.
Plus the Pings in BEAM are way better than BSNL. No downtime till yet.

After using the service since 3 months, I can safely say this was a right move ... BSNL on the other hand was sucking with poor pings, on a 4mbps connection I wud get 3.3 mbps max. Plus the terrible Noise in my landline.. I am yet to receive my Rs 3000 refund for 15 yrs old landline connection bill has been generated for -3k BSNL has said will take 11 days for cheque to come to ur home. God knows when will that come.
Coming to BEAM, never had a downtime for a minute as well since the day connection has been given. Speed is gud along with pings.
Payment option in beam portal is pretty compared to shitty BSNL website
My speed right now
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3563170166

Im happy with beam but the only issue I have is the internet goes out when the power goes out. These people said that internet will function for 6~7 in power cut but that is not the case. When complained to customer care, they said battery is not installed in fiber box. It'll take 2~3 weeks. But no change till now.
However my connection is rock solid.using it since past 3 years.

Does Beam operate in Mumbai. I'm currently using Cable Internet with a wired line that goes into my wifi router. Use the Internet on my iPhone and iPad
The ping I get is like on average 105 ms and download speed around 115k/bs but there are frequent drops and I've been facing immense connectivity issues on FaceTime and Skype
Would Beam solve this issue and give me a better ping and download speed