Microsoft SwiftKey

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Last edited:
How do you compare this to Swype? Swype on Android sucks but if you had to compare it to the other regular videos of Swype available online?

i used swype on nexus one. i tried getting it on nexus s when i changed my phone but for some reason i could not. i never really liked swype. it works well. but for me, it does not. i guess this is largely because i never was a heavy user of SMS on mobile phones. so i am simply not used to typing on mobile keyboards. swiping on the virtual keyboard instead of typing is better. but swiftkey works better for me because it predicts the word i am typing. most of the time i have to press 2-3 keys to get the word i want. and when i have written 2-3 words in a sentence, it predict words that i might want to type next. and it does get it a lot of times. so basically i end up typing around 10 alphabets to create a complete sentence which i love.

Oh it predicts sentences? That's interesting

----------

i think they are only targeting android devices right now...

I know. That link is for a reference to compare with Swype

no no. it predicts your next word based on what you have already written. similar to google scribe. just not as smart. basically you can connect your facebook/twitter/gmail/sms accounts. and it would study the kind of sentences you write and use that. so it ends up suggesting words pretty accurately based on the phrases i use on a regular basis. so as soon as i am done with one word, it would suggest 3 words that i might be considering using next. and if they are good suggestions, i can actually type a complete sentence by just clicking on word suggestions.

SwiftKey X 2.1

New Features with Clear Benefits:

- Blog Personalization: In addition to support for Facebook, Twitter and Gmail, SwiftKey X can now intuitively learn your typing style from your blog posts
- New Insights Into Your Typing: Track how you type, keystrokes saved, words completed and typos/words corrected with SwiftKey X, then share your results with your friends via links.
- Heat-Map Visualization: See how SwiftKey models your typing accuracy to help tailor predictions more effectively. Share your visual results on how you use your keyboard.
- New Localization: Fully localized app support for more than 20 languages, including -- French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.
- New Languages: Support for predictions in five new languages; Bulgarian, Finnish, Greek, Slovenian and Ukrainian. This brings the app's support to 33 total languages supported.
- Language Switching: Transition between two language keyboards by simply gesturing to the right or left on the spacebar.
- Autocaps Toggle: Now you can choose whether your sentences automatically begin with a capital letter or not.

And More Improvements:

- Alternative character selection: Now select special characters with a slide rather than a new tap (works for smileys too).
- Instant language updates: Refresh your language list to see new languages and new updates as soon as they are ready.
- Various layout and user interface usability improvements.
- General performance and memory usage improvements.

I have switched back to this one from TouchPal. Simply because the predictions are amazing.

why the hell swiftkey doesnt let me put spaces????? it just starts writing something from itself if i push space key.................i am using it for a long time now and never found out how the hell to stop it.:Boy Write:

and how do u do that???:soldier:

----------

btw whatever i do...........it writes a word no matter what.................u use it ??? does it not do that to u???

ting tong.......................does space really give u space???? instead of a word????

space is expected to post a word if you have started typing a word and it shows the suggestions.

just tried now..................even when i give space from the start ..............even then it automatically starts from "I" bla bla bla