Surveillance camera in kitchen under 2k or less preferably

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,267
D

Deleted member 13033

hello

My grandmother is not well for her we have kept care taker type maid. Could someone please recommend a good Surveillance camera which will give very good angles for the kitchen, like what is happening at the bottom shelf and if some one is opening the cupboard, we are having lot of things stolen lately form our kitchen, and we have changed quite a lot of maids because of that in the last one year,

1. Better if it records vids in my pc somehow via my home WIFi and into my PC HDD.

2. I will not able to connect it to my computer via LAN as i am on 1st floor, our kitchen is on G.F

3. If option 1 is not avail. will the memory card work ? and does it stop recording once memory card is full ?

4. I prefer it not be connected to internet, just home network, dont wont it to hog my internet speed.

what you need is an wifi IP surveillance camera. I got an outdoor unit fitted for parking in my apartments one and half year back and it cost me 6k for single unit & installation (bought locally since I didnt want to wait 20 days for it to arrive)

just a glance over gearbest/AliExpress shows many cameras under 2k. read reviews and buy it. should easily come under 2k. mine was 6k because it was ip certified water/weather proof.

Upvote 0
So i was in the exact same situation as you. I went for Sricam SP005 IP Cam (get it from Amazon ), i installed it in my kitchen. It can be connected via LAN or WLAN . it comes with an app which is available on Android and iOS . For all the features you can check out it's product page on Amazon.

1) It takes a memory card for recording. When the memory card is full it just writes the new footage on the oldest footage.

2) If you are connected on the same network as your camera and view the footage through mobile app or PC then it won't use up your precious internet data. but if you are viewing your camera outside your local network the it will use your internet data.

The footage from this camera is 720p while viewing it live. But it only records in SD so the quality of the recorded footage is not good.

P.S :If you can extend your budget then i would highly recommend Sricam SP018. It records in 1080p so the recorded footage is also crystal clear and it uses H.264 encoder i recommended this model to my uncle for his shop. It also supports ONVIF 2.0 so you can record the feed to a hardrive (I dont know how to do this since i never felt a need to do it but you can google about how to do this).

And yes only buy it through amazon, you can also watch a live demo (check the product page on amazon).

Other companies which i think you should also consider and compare are CPplus and Hikvision.
While searching only search for IP cameras as this is the type you need;

Upvote 0
If you are in Delhi... come to Lajpat Rai Mkt.... opp. Red fort...... you will get as per your requirement.... there are many options... I think, I heard the price of standalone WiFi camera with SD card around 1650Rs around a month back.....

Upvote 0
I will pick one from Amazon.

So i was in the exact same situation as you. I went for Sricam SP005 IP Cam (get it from amazon ), i installed it in my kitchen. It can be connected via LAN or WLAN . it comes with an app which is available on Android and iOS . For all the features you can check out it's product page on Amazon.

1) It takes a memory card for recording. When the memory card is full it just writes the new footage on the oldest footage.

2) If you are connected on the same network as your camera and view the footage through mobile app or PC then it won't use up your precious internet data. but if you are viewing your camera outside your local network the it will use your internet data.

The footage from this camera is 720p while viewing it live. But it only records in SD so the quality of the recorded footage is not good.

P.S :If you can extend your budget then i would highly recommend Sricam SP018. It records in 1080p so the recorded footage is also crystal clear and it uses H.264 encoder i recommended this model to my uncle for his shop. It also supports ONVIF 2.0 so you can record the feed to a hardrive (I dont know how to do this since i never felt a need to do it but you can google about how to do this).

And yes only buy it through amazon, you can also watch a live demo (check the product page on amazon).

Other companies which i think you should also consider and compare are CPplus and Hikvision.
While searching only search for IP cameras as this is the type you need;

So the footage can be recorded via WiFi hmm..I wish they would give option to connect a small portable hdd or something,

Any idea How many days video will it record on 64gb card ? And can format be changed to 480p I find this format very good for the vids that I play on my PC on ytube, don't know if it would be same for surveyance..

I think I might have to run an ftp server countinously if I recover over WiFi on the PC..which might be resource hungry ?

Upvote 0
I found this open source software iSpy - Open source camera security software it lets you record footage to desktop or upload it to an ftp server or to youtube.

Your desktop will be on the same network as the camera. Run this software on the desktop.
No the recording quality can't be changed afaik. 480p is very low for ip cameras.
Continuously running it over wifi will not be resource hungry as it will only use 2-3Mbps of wifi bandwidth.

Upvote 0
Sp019 is also avail. for 4k which is better ? Is this the best option in this price..?

We are more interested good quality wide angle recording than any other features..

Upvote 0
SP019 is same as SP018, there is no difference at all. The angle is pretty wide, you can check the same from the demo camera via the app. How many days of recording do you require. Their is an option for scheduled recording so in my case i have enabled it from 6am-12pm(maid timing). And in SP018 it records from 6:30am-10:30pm(shop's timing).

Upvote 0
1080p is mediocre for outdoor cctv camera. Forget number plates, you cannot even clearly see faces of people unless they come close and look at the camera directly. So for indoors, I would suggest that it should be minimum one should aim for.

Upvote 0
yup. spent around 30K for three camera system for outdoors. and i think it's a piece of shit. apparently the camera models the seller recommended had terrible sensors. it would have been better if i had researched and bought better models online and got it installed through an electrician.

Upvote 0