Surveillance camera for kitchen and outdoor

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 871
D

Deleted member 13033

Hey I need a surveillance camera for kitchen with minimum 15.days recording, and for outside where car parked. Outside car where we park it someone searched it so might install camera there.too.

Was looking at mi camera.but people reviewing it said that can only see one min recording in it ? And it only supports one week recording..

I don't want.big set up like separate TV etc.

15 Day Recording... CCTV would probably make more sense here. One time investment with no subscription. You do not need a separate TV. Just an available HDMI port on your current TV. You have access to the live feed (or recorded feed) on mobile app as well. 2-3 camera with a 4TB HDD should provide 20-25 days worth of recording. Would require an investment of around 15-20K.

I doubt SD card or internet based solutions would work for you with 15 day requirement. They are best suited for areas where there is little movement and camera only has to keep recordings of movement time periods.

mi has option of nas network storage
I have my old HDD attached to Netgear router usb port.
It can easily detect readyshare thing of netgear(R6220)
can store upto last 1 year videos in it.

If that not needed then yi camera like this is best option

only nas storage missing in above option. Rest same as MI.

Also if not overseeing a busy road then 64gb card is enough for 15days.

Sorry for late reply I did not get notification of reply on this thread..

1. So picture quality is same in both ? Both have have same megapixel ?

2. Also if this yi camera starts recording in its memory card and I wanna see full last 5 days recording so i will just browse 5 video or will it make multiple videos ?

3. To access video recoding do both mi and yi need app and can I play them on pc ? Seeing review on yi people are saying it can play video on pc.

1. I find mi pictures quality better but that may because its installed in front of house with ambient lighting. While yi is in service lane . Mi 360 is better quality than mi fixed cam thats for sure.

2. Not sure i have set it to record when movement in both. In that aspect both yi and mi 360 cam are almost same. You can see yt demo of either. Only in mi i can also access via hdd where folder based on date and hourly are made inside which each movement video named with start time is placed. To access that on yi you have to take out sd card.

3. again not tried though i did read about yi on pc. But again i access mi cam via ftp folder if needed on pc.

i dont wanna connect mi through lan.. so can i access ftp on WiFi ? also i dont wanna leave pc on all time will it sae video from memory card to pc when i turn pc on automatically ?

mi memory card can i access entire day recording and see it on pc though ftp?
ty for your help 🙂

Ftp is for hdd connected to my router.
Mi cam transfer data from sd card immediately or 3 hour or 24 hour to nas storage connected to router.
No option of ftp or sd card to be accessed via web browser on desktop. Only via app that too no direct file access. You have see recording via app interface and record from it to mobile storage.

is there any update on any new launch on these camera by any company ? i saw TP-Link also launcher their 2mp camera. i need to buy one urgently. Having theft in kitchen ! both tp link and mi are good ? or better one ? or any other better option.

i want the camera recording to play on PC without me removing memory card as on mobile phone on tiny 5inch screen eyes are just gonna go bonkers to see multiple recording !

15 Day Recording... CCTV would probably make more sense here. One time investment with no subscription. You do not need a separate TV. Just an available HDMI port on your current TV. You have access to the live feed (or recorded feed) on mobile app as well. 2-3 camera with a 4TB HDD should provide 20-25 days worth of recording. Would require an investment of around 15-20K.

I doubt SD card or internet based solutions would work for you with 15 day requirement. They are best suited for areas where there is little movement and camera only has to keep recordings of movement time periods.
just saw your reply, somehow missed it 😛
ya but don't have space nor wanna do so much wiring.. also i need it in kitchen only ( one place for now ) and TV is really far away in other corner of house. CCTV is not option right now thats why, price is also too much, for initial investment just to cover one place.

can anyone confirm if NAS works on this mi 360 from the mi app without any other external download of app.. as that would should be enough for pc access..

though 1min clip is gonna be annoying to see a recording of 1hr 60 clips duh ! i think good thing gonna be about the camera is probably scare anyone to do any mischief in 1st place..so one probably wont need to see recording in 1st place 😀

Got the cam it has nas, which allows recording to get saved in a hdd when ever pc is on network.
This solves main asked by me if can see video on PC, I don't know why so many people missed it.

1. Now one major issue with this is 1recording are annoying 1min so in 60min, 60 recording and so forth for entire day.

2. The recoding if removed from hdd it will add them back if on memory card lol, and it will obviously keep that network active all the time since it's saving recording countinously. So I have decided to maybe in month or so let it save all recording.

3. However if there is any sweet price drop of 500 to 1k please let me know if anyone finds out about it might need for outside, someone decided to take all are Amazon dusters, normal dusters..

4. It's unfortunate such things are required now, but thanks to mi we are to get some

5. An upgraded model with bigger recording time and more nas feature will be better and on 5g, 2gig is annoying..

ya its congested but..i barely get decent speed on in it its around 20kb/sec to 120kb/sec both cam and router are at extreme end, for this test !