surfing slow but torrent fast

• Thread starter Thread starter sumeet12345
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,936

sumeet12345

ISP
bsnl
Recently changed to 750 plan from 625 plan which was giving only 256kbps. But after changing the plan there is a problem----- sometimes during the day the surfing is too slow and if I try to download anything ( not from torrent) it gives a speed of only about 10KBps that is about 80 kbps when the surfing is too slow. When I am downloading a file I dont surf and also torrent is not running...checked it from start task manager also. But suppose I close the download and dont surf the internet and start my torrent download it gives the usual speed of about 50kBps which is 400kbps. The surfing speed is becoming too slow at times but torrent is always fast and while surfing torrent is not running.

Most probably the problem is related to your DNS servers, try Google DNS servers...8.8.8.88.8.4.4 and check if it helps in any way, if so then ask your ISP to provide you with different DNS servers.

i guess its not DNS problem, i can feel the same for past 2 days in beam too.. is there any cable cut like incident ?

Use SG TCP Optimizer
set optimal select pppoe & speed
apply n restart

----------

if cable is not wired properly somewere
u will get low signal

I really dont think its any hardware related issue. So even count out any wiring issue. Coz the torrents are working fine. Else even torrents shud have been problematic.

Problem lies somewhere in the system - Software related to be precise. I am pretty sure about it. Now what cud be the issue, thats a big question!!

----------

Alright, on second thoughts, have u tried out safe mode? Does it have the same issue in Safe mode too?