Surfing Problem On Exattnet

• Thread starter Thread starter nchinmay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,206

nchinmay

ISP
Times Warner
Recently I have been experiencing a problen with my 256 kbps unlimited connection from exattnet.I stay at Vile Parle east near Shaan and Suncity theatre and I get the connection through advision. Since the last 5 days i have been getting a really low surfing speed as compared to before and I have to reload the windows many a times to open a site.I use IE6 as wells latest Firefox 1.0.6.Although while downloading using torrents i still get 25-28 kB/s speed which is preety fine and normal.I checked my net settings and they are correct. So I want to know if anyone else has this problem.If any parameter like the DNS address or something has changed.If anyone has a solution please help me.

Originally posted by nchinmay@Aug 14 2005, 01:58 PM
Recently I have been experiencing a problen with my 256 kbps unlimited connection from exattnet.I stay at Vile Parle east near Shaan and Suncity theatre and I get the connection through advision.
  Since the last 5 days i have been getting a really low surfing speed as compared to before and I have to reload the windows many a times to open a site.I use IE6 as wells latest Firefox 1.0.6.Although while downloading using torrents i still get 25-28 kB/s speed which is preety fine and normal.I checked my net settings and they are correct.
  So I want to know if anyone else has this problem.If any parameter like the DNS address or something has changed.If anyone has a solution please help me.
[snapback]21306[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hey dude while u r downloading using a torrent client then most of hte bandwidth is taken by the torrent client example as BITCOMET.So i suggest whwn u have to simultaneously surf while downloading u shouls stop the download rfrom the client for the time ur surfing.I also experienced the same probs. Hence avoid surfing during downloading from a Bit torrent clent. 😉 🙄

Originally posted by baokar1@Aug 15 2005, 08:09 PM
Hey dude while u r downloading  using a torrent client  then most of hte bandwidth is taken by the  torrent client example as BITCOMET.So i suggest whwn u have to simultaneously surf while downloading u shouls stop the download rfrom the client for the time ur surfing.I also experienced the same probs. Hence avoid surfing during downloading from a Bit torrent clent. 😉  🙄
[snapback]21641[/snapback]
[/quote]

I know that man. I am talking about regular surfing without torrents and downloaders on.I am getting this problem even in that case(even when i am not downloading).

happenes with all sites ....???? but is fine with other internet traffic ???? ....extensive filtering on port 80 ?????

are u getting packet loss.?? u can try n ping the gateway and see if u get a timeout often. ( a particular amt of packet loss cud affect surfing ,but not downloading ).