Surfing Downloading..!

• Thread starter Thread starter dudeboyman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,016

dudeboyman

dear members, today i.e 5th october.....i was on the net for around 4 hours...just surfing and only downloaded a song of 3.7mb...but afterwards while checking my bandwidth monitor pro.i found out to have downloaded 104.90 mb!!!!.......is it possible since all i did was surfing and jus downloading the song......if such then is the startup plan of 400mb enough..!!!! 🙁

^ I suggest to check your usage on Dataone portal and verify it from your usage records .Bandwidth Monitor programs should be configuredcorrectly . And most of these programs donot tallywith actual data usage .

It is difficult to get away with 400 MB Plan. No matter how carefully you surf,you will exceed the limit. Only people who resist & connect to net only in free hours or ppl who chk only yahoo mail are the ones who can make it.

Thats normal. Browsing does takes lots of bandwidth cause of the pics those websites have. Browse any pic websites like www.webshots.com and u would easily exceed 200 Mb in 4 hrs

QUOTE(krishnan @ Oct 5 2006, 09:26 PM) [snapback]64249[/snapback]
Thats normal. Browsing does takes lots of bandwidth cause of the pics those websites have. Browse any pic websites like www.webshots.com and u would easily exceed 200 Mb in 4 hrs
[/b]
thnx a lot .......i guess now ill be shifting to the 500 plan.....thnx a lot again

" Use Ad Muncher or Ad blocking host file you can save a few MB's daily. "Doesnt give any meaningful difference. I have surfed for days with all Pics,ads turned off - I couldnt find any great reduction in the total used MB's.Adblocking is good for eyes.Does nothing to save MB.

QUOTE(noname @ Oct 6 2006, 03:07 PM) [snapback]64327[/snapback]
" Use Ad Muncher or Ad blocking host file you can save a few MB's daily. "

Doesnt give any meaningful difference. I have surfed for days with all Pics,ads turned off - I couldnt find any great reduction in the total used MB's.

Adblocking is good for eyes.Does nothing to save MB. [/b]
Which Adblocking u hv used.I specially mentioned admuncher bcoz it trully blocks ads not hides ads like Adblock ext for firefox does :lol: .

Just use firefox and block ads and pics, saves a lot of bandwidth,

WARNING - 400MB Plan do not have free Usage so be careful[/b]

Plan 250, 500 , 1MB all have 2-8 free surfing hrs

^ it could be a mistake in the Brochure .

at present , Dataone plans are the same
all over the country . Chennai cannot have
a separate plan !

pls see : Dataone details

that is not a big issue.my office connection is 128 kBps and my daily surfing size is 220 - 250 MB in 7 hours without download & upload personally.