Surfing Downloading..!

dudeboyman

[OP]
Sep 17, 2006
dear members, today i.e 5th october.....i was on the net for around 4 hours...just surfing and only downloaded a song of 3.7mb...but afterwards while checking my bandwidth monitor pro.i found out to have downloaded 104.90 mb!!!!.......is it possible since all i did was surfing and jus downloading the song......if such then is the startup plan of 400mb enough..!!!! :(

seshu

Listener
Regulars
Mar 31, 2006
^ I suggest to check your usage on Dataone portal and verify it from your usage records .Bandwidth Monitor programs should be configuredcorrectly . And most of these programs donot tallywith actual data usage .

noname

Regulars
Jul 24, 2006
It is difficult to get away with 400 MB Plan. No matter how carefully you surf,you will exceed the limit. Only people who resist & connect to net only in free hours or ppl who chk only yahoo mail are the ones who can make it.

krishnan

Regular
Regulars
Aug 13, 2006
Thats normal. Browsing does takes lots of bandwidth cause of the pics those websites have. Browse any pic websites like www.webshots.com and u would easily exceed 200 Mb in 4 hrs

dudeboyman

[OP]
Sep 17, 2006
QUOTE(krishnan @ Oct 5 2006, 09:26 PM) [snapback]64249[/snapback]
Thats normal. Browsing does takes lots of bandwidth cause of the pics those websites have. Browse any pic websites like www.webshots.com and u would easily exceed 200 Mb in 4 hrs
[/b]
thnx a lot .......i guess now ill be shifting to the 500 plan.....thnx a lot again

noname

Regulars
Jul 24, 2006
" Use Ad Muncher or Ad blocking host file you can save a few MB's daily. "Doesnt give any meaningful difference. I have surfed for days with all Pics,ads turned off - I couldnt find any great reduction in the total used MB's.Adblocking is good for eyes.Does nothing to save MB.

harman163

Regulars
Sep 10, 2006
QUOTE(noname @ Oct 6 2006, 03:07 PM) [snapback]64327[/snapback]
" Use Ad Muncher or Ad blocking host file you can save a few MB's daily. "

Doesnt give any meaningful difference. I have surfed for days with all Pics,ads turned off - I couldnt find any great reduction in the total used MB's.

Adblocking is good for eyes.Does nothing to save MB. [/b]
Which Adblocking u hv used.I specially mentioned admuncher bcoz it trully blocks ads not hides ads like Adblock ext for firefox does :lol: .