• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,458

Crazysah

Arsenal FTW!
ISP
ACT Fibernet 300Mbps
Hello,

I have a Surface Pro 8 and am using ACT Fibernet. The speedtest.net and fast.com results show very good speeds. I can stream from SonyLIV, Hotstar and Amazon Prime Video without an issue.

Somehow when streaming from Plex, it keeps on buffering. Only downgrading to 360p seems to help, which of course, is FAR FROM ideal.

Any solution here? @Sushubh or anyone else. I'm splitting my hair just trying to sort this out.

Thanks in advance (& sorry if this isn't the right place to post),
Crazysah

Is it your own server or a remote one?

You would have to find a seedbox closer to your location. You can't expect it to match performance of streaming services.

I don't think it is about the server. Was working flawlessly for a long time. Even yesterday, it worked darn well on my mom's Dell XPS 13 laptop. A few friends have complained but for the most part, everyone is happy.

It's just this damn Surface Pro 8 that it doesn't work on. I've tried tinkering with the settings but nada. On fast.com and speedtest.net I'm consistently getting 150-200 Mbps. So speed shouldn't be an issue. @Sushubh

So yeah, just been scratching my head around as to what is the issue and why it buffers all the friggin time. Any solutions or potential solutions would be helpful.

I suppose check download speed from the seedbox. Also i imagine Plex should have the option to disable what's it called transcoding?

okay so it’s a server where you add the files? Can you narrow down on a particular format that might be causing it? Sometimes the mp4 container works better than mkv. Also are both the server side and client side running the latest version?

@Notorious - will install that.
@manu1991 - It was happening with all files, no matter what.

For now, a Plex server update seems to have fixed it. Will test some more today and respond back.