1. Connect either your computer or laptop
directly using the LAN cable coming from the out line of your MODEM
which is usually a black box having one input and one output line.
2. When connection established for any of your computer/laptop (hereafter referred to as machine),
a. Right click on the network icon on the bottom right corner of your desktop.
b. Open network and sharing center.
c. Click on ethernet
d. In the general tab go to details.
NOTE: If connection cannot be established for any of the machines, call GTPL customer care :18002330233.
While calling , make sure you have direct LAN connection(without the WIFI router
being an intermediary)
with any of your machines as explained above.
The Customer care guys will ask for your username and ask you if you are currently connected. Provide
your username and respond in positive that you are connected.It will just take a moment for them to fix this.
Once connected, start with step no.2.
3. Note down the physical address. - This is the MAC
address for which you are registered with GTPL.
4. Switch on the WIFI Router. Open the router settings using the router IP in the browser such as
. - This IP address may vary from router to router. See router's manual for the appropriate
IP address.Also you need to login to the router settings. Again the username and password asked here
are different from network credentials and WIFI password. See the the router's manual for the default username
and password to access the WIFI router's settings.
NOTE: If using a laptop, you can access this page by connecting to the WIFI Router's network. For a desktop
you need to use a LAN cable to make a connection between any of the "LAN" ports on the WIFI router and the
LAN port of your computer.
5. In the WAN Interface settings under Network settings(may vary from router to router) ,select ISP(or Connection type) as PPPoE,
enter your loginID, Password, Service name. Remember - the password here is your account password and not your WIFI password.
The password is the user's phone number by default for GTPL customers.
6. Now the most important part : -
Under the Router MAC Address section , there are around 3 main options :-
1. Use default address. - Do not tick this.
2. Use computer address. - Do not tick this.
3. User this MAC address - Tick this and enter the MAC Address noted above.
7. Apply the changes - Enjoy!!.
8. If you want to change your wifi password, look for something like "Passkey" or "Passphrase" under security
options which has the option of encryption types such as WPA-PSK/WPA-PSK2 etc. Select WPA-PSK2 and enter the
desired WIFI password. Your network is secured now.
Logic for doing the above :-
GTPL customers are registerd with only one MAC address. So in order to connect multiple devices using your
WIFI router, you need to instruct your WIFI router to use the regitered MAC Address.