• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 6,538

Jignesh

Regulars
ISP
Beam Fiber
See Dis in helpdesk:

Can I watch 3D content with my Tata Sky HD and Tata Sky+ HD?

Yes! Both Tata Sky HD and Tata Sky+ HD set top boxes are capable of delivering 3D content. You will be able to watch 3D content with these boxes, as and when its available on Tata Sky. However you will need a 3D TV and 3D glasses in order to enjoy 3D content.

DTH India - Tata Sky Faq's

But then y arent they trying to cash in on that capability??They can advertise this officially.

They were the first one to market Play/Pause/Rewind feature - they still want to play to the same tune/strengths (just adding HD clarity touch to their old campaign)

Yeah, but with time, u have recognise newer strengths of ur product.....Its just a matter of time before D2h ads promoting 3D will start doing rounds in the print media & digital media......If TS have that capability & still they do not promote it, then obviously people will think that they do not have that feature which D2h has.....which is not the reality!!

Well they always dont market their products, that's their strategy, even for TS+ u may see the AD twice or thrice.

i wish they had minimum 10 HD channels before launching HD STB

Minimum 10.....Dish TV "Accumulated" 30 HD Channels before advertising again!! 😀

my friend used to watch movies in PC by stretching it(up/down)....when i asked about it he said "so what?" WTH?

Minimum 10.....Dish TV "Accumulated" 30 HD Channels before advertising again!! 😀

They are selling donkeys by putting a sticker "horses" on them. :impissed:

No channel as such, but theres event based 3D content, and may be to attract crowd, DTH players can launch their own 3D movie channel......as a makeshift arrangement.

Most of HD STBs should be capable for 3D, as decoder inside does the job, and passes it to HDMI. But after that its TV's role to display 3D video, and for that we need special 3D TV.Such TV are currently costly, but in few years, we can have 3D TV at affordable rates 🙂

But what i ask is - the compression method applied also does matter, when it comes to Bandwidth.....And if Mp4 - Airtel, D2h require say 'x' amount of Bandwidth, then others surely will require higher than 'x'.....it can be an issue when the DTH players are already constrained for it.

No channel as such, but theres event based 3D content, and may be to attract crowd, DTH players can launch their own 3D movie channel......as a makeshift arrangement.

They haven't added any HD content to their Free VoD service till date, which they could have done easily. So expecting 3D is kind of Far reaching. Anyways they might add some 3D Showcase event in the future.