• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 5,693

Ryan

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Hey. I was lookin for a good deal in india and i somehow pounced upon this forum. anyway, i'm a dude from the states but born in india. so right now i'm in delhi. My first post..ya ya. haha. anyway, i have tried hotwire, sify, spectranet and i've come up with this conclusion: they all s*ck. i've also come to realize that india is a type of country to rip off a lot of people, no disrespect though to my fellow indians. it's all about money. as far as i'm concerned, i'll be moving back to the states soon so i'll be happy. in the meantime, i'm hearing by january MTNL will be proposing broadband with a minimum speed of 256 kbps. yay. let's see if that's unlimited download. anyway, i'm ryan. hope to meet some of y'all. by the way, i'm right now in south delhi.

ryan

Hi there Ryan, welcome to the forum 🙂.That bit about ripping off, I am seeing more of it since the past year or so when companies like Reliance or Sify came into picture providing Internet Access. Must be because of unregulation in this sector as of yet. Dealing with these 2 companies, as I have said earlier, makes me feel like I am dealing with slimy, clever, cunning businessmen :lol: (half joking)

the best way to surf at the moment is to go to a RIL Cafe and surf there. a friend in hyderabad pays 20 bucks for an hour and get 300KBps but well its a cafe and they play typical hindi songs... so not that good at all 😛

The current ISP i have right now, hotwire -- though it s*cks, it's better than sify or spectranet. but it's about 1200 bucks for 64 kbps maximum.

i would be ready to pay that much provided there is no choking of bandwidth during rush hours and there are no limits.

hey ryan.. welcome to the forum..

i've also come to realize that india is a type of country to rip off a lot of people,[/b]
that happens in all countries not just in india.. but here people tend to take it lying down.. whereas people in europe and the states aggressively fight for their consumer rights.. you've got to remember that India is a developing country and the mindset of the people is still somewhat stuck in the British era, so will take time to change

Originally posted by Sushubh@Nov 6 2004, 08:59 PM
the best way to surf at the moment is to go to a RIL Cafe and surf there. a friend in hyderabad pays 20 bucks for an hour and get 300KBps but well its a cafe and they play typical hindi songs... so not that good at all 😛
[snapback]1688[/snapback]
[/quote]
300 KBps??? I didn't know such a connection even existed in India.

i have surfed at that speeds at home on a local network provider. we actually hacked into the admin account. 🙂speeds are there... just they take way too many customers.

oh i see. well what i meant was that i know ripping off is everywhere, but in india people are more cunning and introspective. very sophisticated people are in their minds. hehe. anyway, of all the ISPs thus far in delhi, which would you guys rate as the best?

well, on this board only people say that since sify is proving to be cheaper than dialup (inspite of the fact that they don't give what they promise), its a good enough deal.that explains a lot.i never used dialup at home, so it does not apply on me.

anyway, of all the ISPs thus far in delhi, which would you guys rate as the best?[/b]

SIFY BROADBAND 🤔 :lol: (bracing for attacks).. he he that's a joke..

the mindset of the people is still somewhat stuck in the British era, so will take time to change [/b]
- by Bhinder

Dude, this has got nothing to do with India having been under the British rule. It's all got to do with the fact that Internet as a commodity is fairly recent here. Thus to get good deals on it will take some time, in my belief a matter of couple of months.

Sushubh Posted Yesterday, 11:13 PM
well, on this board only people say that since sify is proving to be cheaper than dialup (inspite of the fact that they don't give what they promise), its a good enough deal.

that explains a lot.[/b]

Yeah 🙂. I have been waiting eagerly for a net service at around Rs. 600 a month. On that front I am very happy.

good for you. i hope u don't get another service provider for next 10 years. :lol: