'Sup all

• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 5,699
What's hotwire 😛 ? Haven't heard of it. Internet Service sometimes looks so fragmented in Delhi that this could be entire India itself. One ISP is present in one part of Delhi and absent elsewhere.

Hotwire is pretty common in delhi.....its parent company is primus......one of my relative has hotwire......he pays 1000 rs unlimited. I found sppeds pretty good....reached upto 120 kbps.....but a lot variable then dropped to 40 kbps.....i think they have huge amt of bandwidth and that's shared all over

Hi Rvan,just confirm , if VSNL is providing broadband connection in south delhi. The are really cheap and their speed is much better i.e. Rs.500/- for 512 kpbs 24x7 , 1 month connection.BTW i live in East Delhi

512 kbps at Rs. 500 😱 and that too 24x7. Now why don't they extend their bloody network all over Delhi hehe.

I would jump at the VSNL package if it had a prescence here where I stay hehe.Unfortunately all these hot shot companies consider only certain areas decent enough for laying their networks. But I have Sify and MTNL to choose from atleast 😀 I am supportive of internet access at a fixed rate of around Rs. 500 a month 🙂 . Even TRAI said in one of its reports that to increase the penetration of the internet into Indian homes we need to have it at precisely these rates.

u need a net that let u chat. and u have that. i need broadband for what i use net for. and i dont have it atm.

That's correct. Our needs differ and it's good to have what we need. Here's hoping you get a better ISP in your area 🙂.By the way I forgot to mention that we have a Reliance Fixed Wireless Phone in the house that also provides the internet as you all know. But the speeds on it are another story 😕.On downloading a file, if I get around 5 kBps normally on Sify, on Reliance I get around 2 kBps. And it costs me Rs. 28 / hour. To be fair I used to get 70 kbps during file downloads about till 3 months ago but it's got to this now. Sorry for talking about Reliance on a Sify forum. Reliance Forum on this site, I am coming very soon 😉

and i think they just charge you 1000 bucks for installation fee.. 🙂 sushubh has bsnl launched broadband in panchkula??

Frankly speakin, i dont think other providers will be able to beat the kind of speed Sify provides. One can compare the speed of Sify dialup with ne other company's dialup. Son that basis i feel other companies really have to do a lot of work b4 they cud start competing Sify in terms on speed

vsnl's dialup always worked better for me than sify's dialup.. sify's dialup was good initially but then it started to s*ck.. and let's give vsnl and mtnl a chance..

No doubt abt VSNL. VSNL was really good even wen there were hardly ne service provider.But as we all can see, Sify has spread its network, whereas other providers gonna take sometime b4 they cud actually spread their network on a widers scale.N i have heard, Sify may make internet free in future....but thats just wat i have heard its not official. U guys must be wonderin if they gonna make it free then from where they gonna earn ? Answer is simple..Value added services 😉

About Hotwire, they are especially full around south delhi. They are pretty good compared to Sify as right now I have upgraded my connection to 64-128 kbps and minimum download speed I have seen is 6 kbps. Regarding VSNL, I don't know if they are in our area. Do they offer unlimited hours and volume? I hope so. Hathway is also pretty good but they are not in our area. I'll have to move to a more rich area. lol. anyway. yeah.