Sun TV told to give signals to TataSky in 3 days

• Thread starter Thread starter qazranchi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 17,163
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tata Sky still gets no feed from Sun TV

The Sun TV-Tata Sky spat over channel sharing is set to intensify. The Kalanidhi Maran-promoted Sun TV yet again failed to comply with the Telecom Disputes Settlement Appellate Tribunal’s (TDSAT) March 19 directive to provide its channels to DTH operator Tata Sky on an a la carte basis. Last week, Tata Sky approached TDSAT, after which Sun TV was ordered to provide feeds within three days. That deadline expired on Friday morning. Sun TV now faces TDSAT’s wrath, a penalty and possible ban on all platforms, including CAS and DTH, at the next TDSAT hearing.

http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_full_st...ntent_id=160394

Seems like Kalanidhi Maran is now using his power to delay tataksy from getting SUN channels... But then... wht else one can expect from these dirty politicians...

I read somehwere - maybe Indiantelevision.com - That the Sun is defending its decision by saying that by giving the signals it will violate the terms that it has some production houses which contains a clause that the program can only be shown on cable television & that they may face legal action if they do go ahead & provide it. For details , you can refer the link of indiantelevision.com given in some other topic in this subforum

QUOTE(mhsabir @ Apr 9 2007, 08:24 AM) [snapback]86807[/snapback]
I read somehwere - maybe Indiantelevision.com - That the Sun is defending its decision by saying that by giving the signals it will violate the terms that it has some production houses which contains a clause that the program can only be shown on cable television & that they may face legal action if they do go ahead & provide it. For details , you can refer the link of indiantelevision.com given in some other topic in this subforum[/b]
I read that too. SUN tv are just bullshitting and simply don't want to provide Tata Sky with their channels till they launch their own venture as it will result in tatasky getting more subscribers and sun losing them. I hope that SUN Direct is a massive failure and have no doubt that Mr Maran will make use of his power to save SUN channels from being banned on various platforms.

Today SunTV informed TDSAT that "Justice Mohan Ram of the Madras High Court last Thursday (5 April) stayed the order of the sector tribunal asking Sun TV to stream its signals on an a la carte basis to Tata Sky, at 50 per cent of the cable charges." The next hearing is on 16 April. Let's be sure that Sun TV will not provide signals to TataSky atleast till their DTH service launch. "Oye PAPA they are in ruling power...atleast for this......" 🙂

i have purchased Tata Sky two days back and i got my connection yesterday i purchased it only because tata sky has neo sports and they said that they will give sun tv from 14th of this month but it looks like both the channels are not going to be launched

Is never happening mate. Sun TV earns close to 500 crores a day, and its never gonna share its feed with anyone other than its own sumangali TV Network.

Is never happening mate. Sun TV earns close to 500 crores a day, and its never gonna share its feed with anyone other than its own sumangali TV Network.

Tata Sky will not get any share of 500 crores tht SUN Tv earns... They just want to have the feed so tht they can show SUN channels for the south indian subscribers... SUN will be in profit in tataksy show their channels...The only reason SUN is delaying this cos they too will be launching their DTH soon and they want the larger share on market from south...

sun tv earns 500 crores a day?!! isnt that too much?more than 150 billion rs a year or 3 billion dollars a year.isnt that too much? are u talking abt profit or turnover?even then 30% profit wud mean 1billion dollars. oh comeon not even tcs/infosys/wipro/reliance do that. does sun have stock options lol

umm i think he would be talking abt the inside rumored figures. like there is the rumor that the current CM of punjab is worth atleast 5000 crores of rupees.

does any one know the latest happening in this case today is the day of judgement,so any news on whether suntv is going to come on Tata Sky or not?and why is sun dth forum taken off?

moved to sun dth forum?i think this topic was related to tatsky and what about the news i asked does anyone know the latest happening on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.