• Thread starter Thread starter suryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 4,221

suryan

Regulars
ISP
BT
After becoming a market leader in its home turf – the southern states, Sun Direct, the direct-to-home (DTH) arm of the Sun TV Network, plans to pitch itself against DTH majors such as Dish TV and Tata Sky in their stronghold – the Hindi belt. Sun Direct has decided to venture into western, northern and eastern regions soon. The company is fast gearing up to launch its DTH operations in these regions in the next two months, said Tony D’Silva, chief operating officer, Sun Direct TV. In an interview with FE here, he said, “We hope to launch operations in these regions in next two months. Preparations are on towards this, including creating branch network, distribution channels and sales points. It is a matter of time for us to make it big in these regions as we have done in the southern region.” The basic package will come with a clear focus on local languages.
“We are probably the only DTH player in the Asian region to have roped in over one million plus customers in a short span (six months since its launch). We want to replicate the success in these regions,” he said. The company knows and understand the market and competition. “Our strength lies in offering different packages for different segment of people. Unlike others, ours is a common man product which comes with a right packaging at right cost. The packaging will be unique and the pricing will also be equally unique,” he added. The company has 13 different packages to woo customers from different segment. “We hope to have at least one million subscribers in the first year of operations in these regions,” he said adding “our strengthes lie in understanding the profile of a customer (regional focus), pricing model, offering services with latest technology-based equipment.” Sun Direct’s MPEG-4 technology is superior than others in the industry that will allow to transmit larger number of TV channels per transponder at superior quality, he added.

Source - India Business News, Finance News, Indian Economy, Stock Market News, Economic & Business News Online

the success rate on south may not be happening in north :ashamed:

SD will target common man, their base price is 75rs in the south. Similarly they'll give a good base price with just the right channels, all the best SD:yahoo:

the success rate on south may not be happening in north :ashamed:

Prakash ji,

You are right. West and North will not be as easy for Sun.

But, Sun DTH is also not expecting the same level of success in West / North also. As per the news item, they target 1 million in one year in West / North, whereas they got this in 6 month itself in South. Therefore, I don't see any discrepancy in their statement.

Sun DTH is the best value for money as of now. And, they are the best bet for southies living in West / North. These two factors are their plus. But, they are up against Reliance and Videocon now.

Jay

Prakash ji,

Sun DTH is the best value for money as of now. And, they are the best bet for southies living in West / North. These two factors are their plus. But, they are up against Reliance and Videocon now.

Jay

What sort of competition will they able to giv, when they dont know when to launch their services 😛

TELUGUGUY ji,

What sort of competition will they able to giv, when they dont know when to launch their services 😛

Why do you think they don't know when to launch their services? The news item clearly says that they will launch in 2 months. This is as specific as you can get.

They are going to compete with companies like Reliance and Videocon also - who are not fixing any date and constantly changing their dates. Do you think that they are also no good competition because they do not announce a date? I am surprised at your logic.

Ultimately, in the market, it is the cost and the network (distribution) which will make concrete difference.

I hope DTH's getting some technology so that for different states and regions(south,west ,north and east India) they can transmit different packages catering to the particular areas.
^Yeah.I know ,it is *currently* not possible. sun's 6 transponders are gonna fill soon.
phir kya? Bhagwan jaane😱

^^i used to live in bhopal, there are plenty of mallus and tamilians there 😛, and aren't mallus supposed to be there in every nook and corner of the world 😛.

blu 6779 ji

i used to live in bhopal, there are plenty of mallus and tamilians there 😛, and aren't mallus supposed to be there in every nook and corner of the world 😛.

Your comment as above is racial and offensive. Far from being cute, this actually exposes your immaturity. If you think about it, You have just lost huge respect from these forum members.

BTW, I am not a mallu but tamilian.

^^what is racist in my comment? ppl from tamil nadu are called tamilian and malayalis are mallus. btw i'm a mallu. My previous msg was a reply to prakash and not to u bud 😕.

^^what is racist in my comment? ppl from tamil nadu are called tamilian and malayalis are mallus. btw i'm a mallu. My previous msg was a reply to prakash and not to u bud 😕.

blu_6779 ji,

You are perfectly aware of the ridicule tone in your comment. If you wish to pretend to be unaware of this, Well you may please pretend as you wish. You mentioned about "mallu" which is a slang, generally in a ridicule way. And you mentioned aboout mallus about everywhere with a smiley. People reading this forum are not babies.

The messages posted here are meant for public reading. Everyone is free to reply to all messages and they all do. For private communication, Members use PM ing. Hence, your defense that "I have no business to reply a comment purportedly to prakash ji" is amusing.

I believe that the racial and offensive comment was made in a jest and light fashion by you and you are not a racial person. However, I express my feelings just to alert you. If you wish to ignore this, You can do it.

bro u r mistaken, "mallu" is not derogatory, maybe it used to be, but now it's just a cool way to call a malayalee and i'm proud to be called a mallu. btw i do find madrasi and malabari offensive.