Sun Direct HD DTH service - Excellent!!! But needs more Regional channels and English movies

• Thread starter Thread starter mangalgi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 7,115

mangalgi

ISP
Netconnect
I am really impressed by the Sun HD service.Earlier I was using Asianet Digital and Airtel DTH. Qualitywise Airtel was infeior to the Digital cable network I am using a 40" Full HD Samsung Series 6 LCD TV, ie 100 HZSamsung STB from Sun direct. Samsung DVD Hometheatre with 5.1 channel surround systemI got an SPDIF (optical audio cable after a two hour search from Thakaraparambu)I was lucky as my Hometheatre had a SPDIF in, eventhough I brought that more than 4 years back. Their dish is slightly bigger than Airtel'sI called the contact number in the afternoon and the response was too fast. I got everything ready before evening. But the activation itself took more than 2 hours.They said it will happen within 30 minutes. Now the qualityThe HD channels are mindblowing.I get the Dolby digital surround effect as I am using the SPDIF cable and 5.1 Hometheatre.But channel Colours is scrabled and there is no way to add it.I dont have any problem with boot up time, swithing delay or other technical glitches. Standard channels are better than what I got with AirtelMost of the channels have a letterbox aspect ration unlike with othersFor some you have to change the aspect ratio with remote. That is easily done Now the down side or rather what we want.I need a regular malayalam in HD and a Malayalam entertainment channel like in Tamila and TeluguEnglish movie channel in HDHope this will happen soon.Hats off to Sun HD

I am really impressed by the Sun HD service.
Earlier I was using Asianet Digital and Airtel DTH.
Qualitywise Airtel was infeior to the Digital cable network

I am using a 40" Full HD Samsung Series 6 LCD TV, ie 100 HZ
Samsung STB from Sun direct.
Samsung DVD Hometheatre with 5.1 channel surround system
I got an SPDIF (optical audio cable after a two hour search from Thakaraparambu)
I was lucky as my Hometheatre had a SPDIF in, eventhough I brought that more than 4 years back.

Their dish is slightly bigger than Airtel's
I called the contact number in the afternoon and the response was too fast. I got everything ready before evening. But the activation itself took more than 2 hours.
They said it will happen within 30 minutes.

Now the quality
The HD channels are mindblowing.
I get the Dolby digital surround effect as I am using the SPDIF cable and 5.1 Hometheatre.
But channel Colours is scrabled and there is no way to add it.
I dont have any problem with boot up time, swithing delay or other technical glitches.

Standard channels are better than what I got with Airtel
Most of the channels have a letterbox aspect ration unlike with others
For some you have to change the aspect ratio with remote. That is easily done

Now the down side or rather what we want.
I need a regular malayalam in HD and a Malayalam entertainment channel like in Tamila and Telugu
English movie channel in HD
Hope this will happen soon.
Hats off to Sun HD

nice to hear the good review... can u post some screen shots of HD channels 😀

Regards
Bg