Sun Direct DTH Service - worst service provider, don't even think of subscribing it...

• Thread starter Thread starter raves2u
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 7,106

raves2u

ISP
MTNL
Hi Friends...The Sun Direct DTH Services have been down for the past 2 days and I'm having a harrowing experience dealing with them now and in the past too. I'm a subscriber of Sun Direct DTH Services in Mumbai having taken it around 1 and 1/2 years back and have been having problems with it ever since. I regret switching from Cable to DTH especially to a worst DTH service provider like SUN Direct cause when you have problems they never are interested in solving them and turn their back on us after you have taken the subscription...Their Customer Service is so bad that you feel like smashing up the set top box and throwing away the Sun Direct dish very far away. Firstly its very difficult to get thru their toll free number and secondly even if you get thru to their local regional number the guy/girl sitting in some distant location most probably in Delhi and speaking bad english on the phone is hardly aware or trained to know or understand what exactly your problem is. Their local distributors or so called local service centres are least interested in your problems once you avail the subscription from them. Its very bad and I really don't know how come the Government and TRAI is promoting & allowing such bad and sub-standard DTH services like SUN Direct who don't have the infrastructure nor the right people to manage such premium based services and just wants to have a share of the money pie from the poor customer thereby providing such poor services and getting away with it. TRAI is useless, toothless and the Government and broadcasting ministry as usual is sleeping on all the problems the customer faces...God only can save us from such dirtly rotten scoundrels....So from my above mentioned frustating and totally bad experience with Sun Direct DTH Service, I would wholeheartedly recommend those who are planning to go for DTH Services to cut out Sun Direct DTH Service from their menu howsoever cheap or interesting the packages look, its a devil's trap and once you fall inside its very difficult to come out of it having invested initially so much money for all of it...SO BEWARE of SUN DIRECT DTH SERVICE and go thru the customer reviews of other DTH Services too, to be sure before subscribing to any one of them instead of being a disappointed and aggrieved customer of Sun Direct DTH service like me...I realised now that probably its better to switch to the old cable operator who stays closeby rather than subscribe to such sub-standard & so called big DTH Service companies...Indian companies are the worst when it comes to Customer Service and it really sucks...God only can save us!!!

Dear ravesDo not blame the technical snag on sun direct...You should know one thing that sun direct and all other DTH players has to use indian satalites to beam their signals...Sun direct is using transponders of Insat 4b and Insat 4c(?).You may also be aware that two days ago Insat 4b diverted from it orbit..so that we were not able to receive signal from that particular satalite..ISRO is making all its effort to correct satalites orbit..Sun has got some transponders on insat 3c also..now they are beaming important channels through that satalite..Please show some patience and let them correct the error...

Dear Satheesh, Firstly I hope u r not a Sun Direct employee / Distributor person or in the worst case a Sun Direct Customer??? Anyways even if u r a satisfied customer of Sun Direct in Cochin, God forbid u don't face any problems in the future coz if u do then the first thing u will do is smash ur set top box n curse the day u opted for the service after hearing the lack of response from the customer service of Sun Direct and the total care-a-damn attitude of the distributor of Sun Direct...I didn't know that they have a problem bcoz of the Insat 4b/4c diverting from its orbit coz the company which claims to have 5 Million subscribers does not have the decency to put a regret message on their website atleast about the inconvenience to millions of subscribers around India. Secondly having 5 million subscribers means getting enough revenue to switch temporarily if not permanently to a foreign satellite and there are enough ones in the orbit to provide the service...Thirdly & strangely I took the subscription along with this Mallu friend of mine who stays in the next building and is able to view all the Channels without any problem except when it rains badly which normally happends or if there is too much of wind blowing but rite now even when the satellite have drifted orbit my neighbour friend is having good reception whereas I'm having nothing except a blank TV Screen with an error message & 0 signal and that's why I requested the distributor to send a technical person who could most probably align the dish in the rite direction to have some sort of reception rather than having a clear reception which my neighbor friend is having...but then they are not interested in even having a try...What can I say to such arrogant behaviour...Last but not the least, I can survive without a TV bcoz of my Laptop by my family here especially Mom and Dad cannot survive without watching Asianet / Surya / Amrita TV even for a single day coz Mallus in Mumbai are hooked on to Kerala thru these channels esplly the older generation...n for a change good that Sun Direct is not listening to their compaints...I can understand Sun Direct's problem of reception bcoz of the ISRO Satellite drifting orbit which is a major one too but then the response has been pathetic even for a small problem with the set top box or dish earlier too...U don't know how many complaints and feedbacks I have submitted on their website for resolving small small issues n problems earlier too with very little response making me always wonder why these big companies start such services if they can't handle the issues of the customer...If they had been operating abroad imagine how many suits would have been filed against them making them close down due to the deficiency of services n reimburse the customer or a valid compensation...but then this is India here and things would never improve here till the time competition is tougher or gud foreign companies with better service standards are allowed to operate...Anyways thanks for your reply bcoz of which atleast I cud understand what the real problem was and no matter how much better explanation anyone gives the Customer Service standards in India have a long way to go (maybe it will take a 100 Yrs more)unless the system and care-a-damn attitude of the people in this country changes....Until then poor customers like us have to bear the brunt of such poor service standards...thanks n best regards...

But the response they gave whenever we call them is irresponsible. How a issue can be without a "ETR" its now the 4th day without TV. damn customer service..!!

Dear Raves,You are not the only one who share this opinion. Most customers are extremely disgusted with the response of the Sun DTH team. A customer pays Sun Direct so he needs Sun to update him on what the problem is. We are least bothered with ISRO or any other organization because we do not pay ISRO. Other Dth operations are working just fine.What is simply unacceptable is Sun Direct took so long even to acknowledge that they have a problem and their customer service is so pathetic in this crisis. They should have setup separate helpline numbers so customers can be heard quickly and their issues can be resolved. Sun Direct cannot divert the responsibility to ISRO in this case. They should step up to the plate and accept responsibility and do whatever is required to fix the problems of the customers.

I can not believe the sun direct gives this kind of worst service. For 7 days i could not see the channels.Sun direct Down from 7th July 2010. I don't have any option to watch the television at my home.Due to this problem Sun direct will lose lot of customers. For example i am planning to go for Tata Sky.I hope Sun direct will take the necessary action and resolve the issue

I am also not satisfied with sun because of the following reasons.1. There is one link in the sun official website called "Contact Us" few months back I asked few questions to them, they haven't replied yet. Few weeks back again I sent some complaints and opinions but still I am waiting for the reply. Being a so called "valuable" customer I deserve a reply. Doesn't matter even if it is negative. I too worked in a service company, our management taught us to consider the customer as No. 1. 2. The only service provider giving the worst 'EPG' is sun direct.3. Since the past 8 days we are experiencing 'no signal' problem. But some of the channels are still in scrambled state even if they have signal strength. If they rely on customer satisfaction they can show those channels or replace them with some other free channels.