• Thread starter Thread starter avichinnu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 22,178

avichinnu

ISP
bsnl dataone broadband
Sun TV's DTH application cleared

NEW DELHI: After facing roadblocks over cross-holdings, the Direct-to-Home (DTH) application of Kalanithi Maran's Sun TV has been cleared by the Company Affairs Ministry.
The application, which ran into rough weather in the Ministry after being forwarded by the Information and Broadcasting Ministry, was cleared earlier this month, Company Affairs Minister Prem Chand Gupta said here.
``No legal issue is involved in the Sun TV application. We have cleared and returned it to the I&B Ministry,'' Mr. Gupta said. In its initial examination of the application, the Ministry found that the proposal was not in conformity with the guidelines stipulated for DTH licence.
from,
The hindu, Tuesday, May 17, 2005 .

so now sun channels would come on Tata Sky?

I haven't been following this whole issue, but could anyone explain to me (in a nutshell preferably) why this is such a big issue? As in are people dying so badly to see SUN channels 😕 or is there some larger legal issue involved (e.g. freedom of speech).

Vebmetal, Tata Sky carries none of the major Tamil channels - neither Raj nor Sun. Therefore it is an entirely irrelevant offering for us Tamilians. Like a Hindi offering without Star TV, Sony or Aaj Tak! Sun DTH would definitely target South viewers (not just TN but also AP, karnataka) and hopefully offer a wider South language bouquet.

Kerala is too advanced - they had DTH and they were watching foreign channels before the rest of the country had cable! 🙂

Kerala is too advanced - they had DTH and they were watching foreign channels before the rest of the country had cable! 🙂

Which DTH did they have ?