Suggestions Required for Normal Usage Desktop

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,230
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
Template followed from TechEnclaveQ: What is your budget? 27K (as of now), I just need a machine that works and has good upgrade options for the next 2 years, at least 1. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model) Keyboard and mouse =| Logitech PS2 Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model) Keyboard and mouse if it can work with the new build. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement. CPU - Amd A8-3850 (Not really sure.) Motherboard - I have no idea about that. GPU - As am low on bucks, so would get that next month. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component Dedicated Graphics Card RAM- Maybe. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? Delhi Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market No Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware Gaming (Not hardcore just for recreation). Browsing (This I do a lot.) Desktop Processing (Normal Word Processing.) HTPC (I Love Music, not really into movies) Download rig, 24x7 operation (Once in a while) Watching HD movies (Once in a week). Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike. I just bother reliability and durability. But, I do like CM when it comes to Cabinets :] Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing? GTA 4-5 (I will upgrade the GPU so its fine if its ignored at this time.) Racing - Grid, NFS etc Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage Gaming - 1280x728 or 1920x1080 after I buy a dedicated GPU Desktop - 1920x1080 Q: Are you looking to overclock? No Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration? Windows 7 64 bit Linux- I would be trying different distros be it Mint, Ubuntu or OpenSuse.P.C: I am a normal PC user, I just get 2 hours in a day to spend on computer and I do have a laptop which I use primarily right now. I am not awfully in really in need of the new computer but, if my requirements are a bit too much for the PC am looking for....then I would rather wait for a month.

Dump the AMD. get an intel i3 or i5 , i3 is more then enuff for for your needs, get a good gigabyte mobo with DDR3 upto 4rb ram ddr3, a good dedi gpu, get cheap nvida 220 or 250 if you are not into hardcore gaming this can handle HD content upto180p without issues and a PSU of 550 from corsair is a must for future upgrades all is can made in and under 30k , you will be shelling out on new HDD a lot so that is bummer or you can use a older HDD if you have one. can come back later and give cpu and mobo model numbers if you want. 🙂

Thanks for the suggestion, could someone create a list of components? 😀 My needs might grow once I get my system, heh. What if I stretch my budge to 35k?

Don't want to hijack the thread but if you are willing to expand then why not go for a good Core i7 system instead. At least you can be sure you would not need to purchase another system for a few years now. i7 won't go down anytime soon and would be great for the next half a decade or more.

Okay! Can you suggest me the complete config? Please.

Erm! Didn't notice that.So, I can get a Core i5 2320 med gaming rig at 40k if I bump the gfx card for next month.It really is not a good time to get new PC 🙁

I have not purchased desktops for many years as I am too lazy to use computers on a table for several years now. :tongue_2: For laptops, Flipkart looks to be a good place to research. But when I was using desktops a decade ago, assembled desktops used to be preferred and were also cheap. Does it not work that way nowadays. However, in those days nobody knew about genuine Windows 😛 and so, the OS cost did not add up.

On a second thought, if you do not need urgently then why don't you postpone the purchase to the end of the year. Windows 8 will be released this year and it is a touch friendly OS. So, by the end of the year you would probably find touchscreen desktops flooding the market at cheap prices instead of going for a traditional one. And you can get the Windows 8 OS bundled with it perhaps. Windows 8 is also lighter on system resources than Windows 7 and so, maybe a core i5 would also be very fast. and more accommodating on resources.

Okay! Can you suggest me the complete config? Please.

there is a very good Indian site , can't remember the name , think it was think2digit, they have a very good template for building your rig with current prices of market, in 40k you can build a good med range gaming pc with an i5 cpu , put a MSI or amd 6850 HD gpu on it and you are set for 2 years at the most , don't save on a good psu and good cpu with giga mobo all the rest can be upgraded later when cash is at hand. sometimes building a good rig can take months 😕 and given that rupee is down atm this a very bad time 😕

there is a very good Indian site , can't remember the name , think it was think2digit, they have a very good template for building your rig with current prices of market, in 40k you can build a good med range gaming pc with an i5 cpu , put a MSI or amd 6850 HD gpu on it and you are set for 2 years at the most , don't save on a good psu and good cpu with giga mobo all the rest can be upgraded later when cash is at hand.

sometimes building a good rig can take months 😕 and given that rupee is down atm this a very bad time 😕

My mom will kill me if I take the stance of building this rig right now.

Man! When it comes to money? It's freaking never enough.

Never enough.

Try to salvage your existing HDD if possible, a few months down the line you'd get a 1TB for much lower than what a 500GB is selling for now.

Taken from a friends post at CHIPProcessor: AMD Phenom x4 955 = Rs.5300 OR i3 2100 = Rs.5500Motherboard:Gigabyte 880GM UD2H = Rs.3800 OR MSI H67MA-E35 (B3) SATA 6GB/s USB 3.0 = Rs.4700RAM:G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1) = Rs.1200 OR Corsair Vengeance 4GB = Rs.1400Graphic Card: Sapphire HD5670 = Rs.4200 OR MSI N440GT 1GB = Rs.4100 (any other ones you can suggest)HDDSeagate 500GB 7200.12 = don't know current market ratesDVD Writer LG ~ Rs.1000PSU:FSP Saga II 500W = Rs.2300Case:CM ELITE 310 = Rs.1500 OR Zebronics Butterfly = Rs.900