• Thread starter Thread starter farmboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 12,221

farmboy

Regular
ISP
BSNL 1000 upto 2 Mbps
I just bought BSNL 3G connection a few days back .I am using it with Huawei E1750 USB modem for browsing internet on my laptop.Initially I was getting just 1 bar where the signal is showing on the USB modem software.I attached the USB modem to a USB extension cable and relocated it just 2 feet away from the laptop.Interestingly now I am getting 3 to 4 bars or even 5 bars sometimes which keep changing from HSDPA to WCDMA and vice versa but a constant Blue LED is observed.But I have still not been able to experience speeds more than 1.5 Mpbs(download).More such tips for mutual benefit would be welcome

Farm Boy u just need to know , where is BSNL 3G BTS nearest to u ,

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

then direct ur modem towrds it ,

Better if u browsing or downloading in outdoor. due to high frequency of 3G signal , it can not easily penetrate building , specially concrete ones , ,

One more reason for few bar , BSNL has installed very average bts in Chandigarh regon ,

For more information u can contact me , I m also living there

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

I m using LG Arena mobile , it has same problem that had in iPhone 4 , when i touch extreme left of my mobile inside my home , all bars are lost ,

3g Signal are best when u r 100 to 500 meter From BTS , another-wise u switched over to edge mode

I have test my bsnl 3G to all limits , no one better know about it

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

i joined Broadbandforum sometimes in 2005 to reliase my dream having 3G cellphone , and Wireless broadband,

Hello jdjain3, Although I dont know where the 3G tower is located but I am surprised at the signal improvement within the room itself just by raising the modem about 1 feet and attaching it to about 2 feet USB extension cable.From 1 bar to 5 bars !As regards 3g phone you perhaps know from my earlier posts that I am waiting for a Dual SIM 3G phone .Although no one answered to my post about Dual SIM 3g phone but I am now waiting for release of Samsung B7722 which has already been released abroad.As regards switching to Edge mode ,I observed that the internet stops with my USB modem when the mode changes from 3G to Edge/GPRS .Moreover I have purchased the 3G data top up card which should be used within a month.By the way how much maximum download/upload speed have you got so far with BSNL 3G till date ?

I got 2.4mbps , and 1.5mbps Upload

by the way i m not interested in dual sim 3G , i m good with bsnl 3G and later buy a new 3G hadset to accumulate Reliance and Docomo

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

regarding ur concern on moving modem from one side to other ,
It is quite simple , as u if read physics u should understand much better

frequency modulation and interference , interference happens when signal try to penetrated buildings , so in some corner there is bad signal and in some other good signal , that is what happening with u , when u r outside ur house or building , signal is continue

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

dude , by the way , better if u purchase EVDo , it has good signal range and cheap too ,

Else try wimax , i personally try wimax in Ropar , it is quite fast than 3g , as u know , wimax mobile is consider as 3.7G

in rs 350 u get 1 GB ,

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

a little clarification ,

Interference has happened due to using of same frequency near device , and there is also lot of other way to interference

By the way do Wimax and EVDO work on mobile also ?I wish to use broadband both on laptop as well as mobile.BSNL website says :"Roaming facility in case of 3G is better as compared to these services"Now that I have already invested in a Huawei 3G 7.2 Mpbs modem in case I shift to Wimax it will be a second investment.Moreover isn't Wimax equipment costlier ?As regards using two 3G SIM simultaneously even Samsung B7722 does not allow that as only 1 SIM slot is 3G enabled.I am also using Airtel mobile but I suppose Airtel has not been alloted 3G spectrum from Punjab so any suggestions for alternate mobile provider ?I was thinking of Vodafone which will have 3G in due course in Punjab.

ha ha , I thanks the GOD , the looter airtel and vodafone are out from The land of five rivers , and u want them back , No way

Go with tata Docomo roboust network , otherwise BSNL is good

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

wimax usb doungle costs u Rs2800 ,and if u rent it pay Rs40

jd jain,i so agree with you.airtel is gang of looters.let mobile no. portability come .they will loose their subscriber by lot.tata docomo prepaid is best among the lot.

jd jain,
i so agree with you.airtel is gang of looters.
let mobile no. portability come .
they will loose their subscriber by lot.
tata docomo prepaid is best among the lot.

Can you explain how Airtel is a looter ?
Some people I know in Punjab have recently shifted to Airtel from BSNL as Airtel signals are better than of BSNL in all of Punjab.In certain areas of Punjab BSNL signals are not good.
However in case you have to stay in a limited area where the BSNL/Docomo signals are good and dont have to shift to other locations,then perhaps BSNL/Docomo or .... will be alright.
So far as Vodafone is concerned I have no idea about it's signals yet.I have never used it.

I just bought BSNL 3G connection a few days back .I am using it with Huawei E1750 USB modem for browsing internet on my laptop.
Initially I was getting just 1 bar where the signal is showing on the USB modem software.I attached the USB modem to a USB extension cable and relocated it just 2 feet away from the laptop.
Interestingly now I am getting 3 to 4 bars or even 5 bars sometimes which keep changing from HSDPA to WCDMA and vice versa but a constant Blue LED is observed.
But I have still not been able to experience speeds more than 1.5 Mpbs(download).

More such tips for mutual benefit would be welcome

Hello farmboy
I have also the similar problem.
I have bought Micromax mmx300g datacard with 2g SIM before 3 months. At start my internet was running smoothly (speed abt. 34 kb/sec at UMTS Mode) but from last 10-15 days it suddenly goes too slow(abt. 1 line of network). When i select the UMTS Mode it mostly shows "no network" or "no service" like messages. so i m unable to use UMTS mode to use the 3g like service. i can see network only on GPRS Mode with full network antenna, but that is too slow (abt. 5-7 kb/sec). I don't know wat happened to me, bcs. at start it was working fine.

Should i try ur trick to get 3G network ??

Hello farmboy
I have also the similar problem.
I have bought Micromax mmx300g datacard with 2g SIM before 3 months. At start my internet was running smoothly (speed abt. 34 kb/sec at UMTS Mode) but from last 10-15 days it suddenly goes too slow(abt. 1 line of network). When i select the UMTS Mode it mostly shows "no network" or "no service" like messages. so i m unable to use UMTS mode to use the 3g like service. i can see network only on GPRS Mode with full network antenna, but that is too slow (abt. 5-7 kb/sec). I don't know wat happened to me, bcs. at start it was working fine.

Should i try ur trick to get 3G network ??

Hello abhayshow,

Please try the trick and post the results here.Just remember to point the USB modem fitted with USB extension cable towards the 3G tower.

Interestingly my problem is opposite .I am getting 3G signals but when I turn on the 2G network ie GPRS/Edge mode the internet stops though I am getting 5 bars of signal for Edge/GPRS on the modem software !But I am unable to surf the internet.
I wanted to test Edge signals also for internet in case I dont intend to carry on forward with 3G data usage .Even BSNL customer care was not able to help.

Now that you have informed that everything was fine in the beginning and problems arose later on I am keeping my fingers crossed.

hi guys , u r quick learner , Keep it up 3G is just start up in our country , with in 2 year u will get full bar My bet , For data related service go with wimax , For video calling on mobile 3G is good , there is no other use for 3g in our country , unless data become cheap

Hello abhayshow,

Please try the trick and post the results here.Just remember to point the USB modem fitted with USB extension cable towards the 3G tower.

Interestingly my problem is opposite .I am getting 3G signals but when I turn on the 2G network ie GPRS/Edge mode the internet stops though I am getting 5 bars of signal for Edge/GPRS on the modem software !But I am unable to surf the internet.
I wanted to test Edge signals also for internet in case I dont intend to carry on forward with 3G data usage .Even BSNL customer care was not able to help.

Now that you have informed that everything was fine in the beginning and problems arose later on I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Hello
I have tried the trick
But the result is same, there is no effect 😢 or improvement in network of 3G.😢
Help guysssssssssssss...😢.....😢....
BSNL is WORSTTTtttttttt in all over world.... 🙁🙁 😢
Just want to throw the BSNL data card from my house 😡😡😡

Hello
I have tried the trick
But the result is same, there is no effect 😢 or improvement in network of 3G.😢
Help guysssssssssssss...😢.....😢....
BSNL is WORSTTTtttttttt in all over world.... 🙁🙁 😢
Just want to throw the BSNL data card from my house 😡😡😡

Is your BSNL data card locked to BSNL only ?
Can't it be used for other networks ?

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

hi guys , u r quick learner , Keep it up

3G is just start up in our country , with in 2 year u will get full bar

My bet , For data related service go with wimax ,

For video calling on mobile 3G is good , there is no other use for 3g in our country , unless data become cheap

For access to broadband on mobile handset and good roaming broadband 3g is the only option.
If some one wishes to access broadband at the same place throughout the year then landline broadband is the best option.

Is your BSNL data card locked to BSNL only ?
Can't it be used for other networks ?

No that is not Locked...
But i don't know how to use other SIM in Micromax MMX300G data card.
And i heard that BSNL is still better in speed and cost than other companies.... 😛

guys guys , bsnl is not the best but not worst , better than other operator , airtel is the looter , when there 3G service started , then told me , who is worst , Farmboy , for access Internet on mobile , edge is still good , ,because in mobile , it takes some time to load up than Computer, but u r something right that 3g will be mainly used for internet on mobile , my guess later GSM will be phased out and 3g will be working on same frequency that GSM is using in india (900MHz) this thing is called re framing , might be wrong , if wrong please keep it up to date . and last do not waste ur money on buying 3G data cards, better buy EVDO it has good coverage inside the house , CDMA rocks , it still has lot of power to beat 3g in data related service