• Thread starter Thread starter pomanup
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,567

pomanup

Regular
ISP
Excitel
Hello, I am looking to buy a UPS for my Asus RT-AC58U AC1300 Router. I looked at couple of options on Amazon, but they don't provide true uninterrupted connection. During power fluctuations, the router reboots. Could anyone suggest me a UPS that would provide seamless transition from AC power to UPS, without router restart.

whats your router power input?

Some people do not use a Home inverter because they live in a gated community and that already provides them with Generator backup. But it is not an instant switchover in the case of the generator. So this is a very good use case for the power bank for routers.

Another use might be an old home with no provision for UPS installation with no additional wiring done for UPS installation

I mean buying is great, but if you have time and a little bit of Engineering knowledge, you can assemble one in half the cost with good batteries too like Panasonic. Even after paying ton of money in Powerbank for router, many don't have good circuitry in them.

@dexter22 I don't have long power-cut issues at my place. Its just that there are power cuts for 1-2 mins twice a week or so. The issue is that I run an algo software for trading, and on disconnection of Wi-fi, the algo stops working. Hence, I need uninterrupted wi-fi during trading time.