Suggestion regarding Data Card for heavy usage-Mumbai

Hello ForumI have been following this forum since long, but this is the first time I am posting.I need your help in choosing a data card which suits my needs.Usage-Heavy -Mostly normal browsing, online video streaming, movie downloads via torrents (on an average 1 per day)Region- MumbaiRequirement- UnlimitedConsidering the above mentioned requirements which data card do you suggest for my netbook and which plan?Thanks in advance!

Only mtnl.

USB GSM Data card -Huawei/ZTE 7.2 mbps (many models in Ebay)or Huawei 21 mbps UMG 1831Data provider- MTNL 3G for heavy use.

Depends on how much (in GB), you intend to use.

3G Prepaid

A 7.2 mbps data card (from ebay) should cost you about 1200 bucks (one time payment only)

Sorry for sounding ignorant, but what is with talk value, free sms, video calls etc?...I just want to access internet.

And thanks for the link.

Sorry for sounding ignorant, but what is with talk value, video calling, free SMS?...I just want to access internet on the go!And thanks for link!

Sorry for sounding ignorant, but what is with talk value, video calling, free SMS?...I just want to access internet on the go!

And thanks for link!

Why don't you try BSNL EVDO? It has an unlimited plan of 750 with no FUP and speeds upto 3.1 mbps..

All data packs come with a small amount of talktime, whether you choose to make use of it, is entirely your choice.@sarveshThere is no BSNL in Mumbai.

Are the mtnl 3G plans are roaming free? Can i use the 3G data on bsnl states? If i take 2500 plan. Can i get 200 GB x 2 or 200 GB for 2 months? No problem with post cap usage. My max usage won't cross 50 GB a month. I hope the MTNL UL 3G plan is same for both Mumbai & Delhi ... I 'm from chennai. No Evdo coverage in my area. Only wired connection in my area is BSNL BB. I don't want to go for wired connection. As i will on travel most of the time ...

To experience how MTNL 3G (delhi & Mumbai) works in roaming (free or not??) ...... take baby steps before you go for rs 1650 data pack etc.1. get MTNL 3G pre paid sim -delhi or Mumbai (Mumbai plans cheaper than delhi most of he time) depending upon your residence proof.2.recharge thro Paytm or rechargeguru rs 20 -1 day plan-250 mb pack or Rs 449 - 7 days-5 gb plan and check usage in BSNL roaming (APN: mtnl.net is now common for both delhi and mumbai mtnl)Speed varies in different locations of BSNL. It works well most of the time.You can not expect Airtel 3G speeds (700-1000 kBps) or Voda 3G (300-700 kBps) or Aircel 3G (300-500 kBps) in MTNL 3G !!Thou shall receive average 1 mbps (120 kBps) or up to 240 kBps. You can not complain for the price you are paying.:cool_2: