Suggestion for a good broadband ISP in Kilpauk, Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter Akshat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 8,174
ISP
None
Hi,

I am currently residing in Kilpauk area Chennai. I am looking for a good broadband connection for my home. In the past, I've used MTS dongle and YOU Broadband. MTS was initially good but then it got bad. Couldn't get a good connection and speed. After that I installed You broadband; that too was disappointing and utterly pathetic. Now I am not sure which is the best connection to go for in Kilpauk area and therefore all the suggestions are most welcome! 🙂

P.S: I have a fairly heavy usage, monthly downloads of 50-60GB and need a good surfing speed.

Did you try Airtel?

Only reliance, bsnl or airtel. Ive tried almost every ISP in chennai. ACT, spectranet, you and tikona are the worst. U might suffer even 2weeks downtime and until u call and inform, they wont care. Its funny to see these companies still alive, dont know whos even using them.
Airtel is awesome but as u said they offer very little for high price. I found some new plans, check and let me know:

1)Reliance thunder 1099 plan- UNLIMITED NO FUP 4mbps. good ping and almost no downtime. Speed constant at 2.5mbps for me.

2)Bsnl fibro combo unlimited 999- Download speed 20 Mbps till 40 GB and 512 Kbps thereafter. (BSNL Chennai Promotional Broadband plan valid up to 30th March 2015) Idk whatl happen nxt month. contact them for more details.

3)Reliance freedom 999 plan- Rs.999 - Download speed of 12Mbps upto 25GB and 1Mbps thereafter. Plan available only in areas where RCom Electronic Distribution Panel (EDP) is installed.

I wont post any 1mbps or 2mbps plans and most of the airtel plans suck. if u find anything better than above letme know pls. NO act or tikona or you bullshit. These 20mbs 40mbps 100mbps plans they offer is pure fraud. Thats why airtel doesnt care to increase its speed.

Only reliance, bsnl or airtel. Ive tried almost every ISP in chennai. ACT, spectranet, you and tikona are the worst. U might suffer even 2weeks downtime and until u call and inform, they wont care. Its funny to see these companies still alive, dont know whos even using them.
Airtel is awesome but as u said they offer very little for high price. I found some new plans, check and let me know:

1)Reliance thunder 1099 plan- UNLIMITED NO FUP 4mbps. good ping and almost no downtime. Speed constant at 2.5mbps for me.

2)Bsnl fibro combo unlimited 999- Download speed 20 Mbps till 40 GB and 512 Kbps thereafter. (BSNL Chennai Promotional Broadband plan valid up to 30th March 2015) Idk whatl happen nxt month. contact them for more details.

3)Reliance freedom 999 plan- Rs.999 - Download speed of 12Mbps upto 25GB and 1Mbps thereafter. Plan available only in areas where RCom Electronic Distribution Panel (EDP) is installed.

I wont post any 1mbps or 2mbps plans and most of the airtel plans suck. if u find anything better than above letme know pls. NO act or tikona or you bullshit. These 20mbs 40mbps 100mbps plans they offer is pure fraud. Thats why airtel doesnt care to increase its speed.
Thanks for the reply and suggestions. Reliance (best and my first choice, I've used before) but unfortunately it's not available in Kilpauk area. Didn't go for BSNL as it comes with too many frills ( phone connection n paperwork n all)

So, after much deliberation (buying internet connection today is a no mean task!), I went in with Reliance Pro 3 wireless dongle (recently launched this Feb). They gave a 999 plan - 24 GB (12 day + 12 Night) @14 mpbs; post FUP speed revised to 2 mbps unlimited.
After almost 2 weeks of usage, speed and experience has been average to say the least. Being a wireless dongle, speeds fluctuate a lot during day time and max that I've experienced is 3G levels. During night, post 2AM, download speeds are in the range of 1-1.5 mbps. This in spite that they promised consistent high speeds. As there are multiple users in my family who prefer using during daytime, this plan is not working for me.

Recently I got in touch with an Airtel rep who offered some new plans. One among which is -
--> (don't remember the exact plan name) 999 plan - download speeds of 16 mbps upto 40GB and 512 thereafter with a wireless router at 49 per month.

As Reliance isn't fulfilling my needs, and after reading/hearing a lot of good reviews of Airtel, I am planning to surrender this Reliance connection and switch over to Airtel this time. Now in the hope that Airtel finally fits the bill.

Do you have the number of the rep? I live nearby.. So a similar plan may fit me..

Recently I got in touch with an Airtel rep who offered some new plans. One among which is -
--> (don't remember the exact plan name) 999 plan - download speeds of 16 mbps upto 40GB and 512 thereafter with a wireless router at 49 per month.
999? 16mbps? 40gb? airtel? lemme know if read it right. mayb its 1999? 😀