• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,185

dejan

Regular
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel
I was recently suggested by a friend to apply for a HDFC lifetime free credit card through online application, and he said to declare my monthly credit statements as proof of income in order to be eligible. But so far I didn't have to make any such declaration on the site because the application went through anyway. So what I'm asking is, are there any chances of my application being accepted? I really want a lifetime free credit card, but if I declare my credit statements as income in my cc application, then will I have to pay tax for that later too? Btw I am an existing savings account customer of HDFC since 1 year and have maintained a good balance with them

i recently got call from hdfc cc for free life time cc and the lady convinced me to apply for it. In monthly income. i mentioned only 12500rs. so its make 150000rs yearly which does not come under tax.

You're worrying too much mate. Tax is not made on just credit card statement.
Also income upto 2,50,000 per annum is tax free. Plus bank don't pass verification info to It department.
You worry once your annual spending pass 2,00,000(maybe increased to 2.5lac) that too if you don't file return(very likely) or don't have source of funds to show if they ever ask for it (very rare).

If you are not filing tax returns despite having taxable income visible in your bank account... It's better to go underground today.

Reactions: SVK
And I keep getting this spam call from citi bank 🙄

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200921-151502.webp
    Screenshot_20200921-151502.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 221
Thats not citibank. Some other mkting agency. Citibank gives good incentive in new cards thats why so much spam.