Suggest wireless mouse keyboard and rechargeable batteries

• Thread starter Thread starter Smh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1,386
Solution
since you are going to use a keyboard and a mouse, i imagine you would be using it on a desk. get wired. always better. and cheaper.

for keyboard, get the cheapest mechanical you can find. mouse are hard to recommend.

no point getting an expensive logitech mouse. one year warranty and they tend to develop double click problem within first year of ownership. if you are going to use it for 12 hours, i doubt it would last for even six months.

if you are just looking for a cheap wireless wireless mouse combo. get any dell or logitech under 2K. these devices have become extremely efficient. i think the model i got for my relative few weeks ago had a rated battery life of 18 months for keyboard and six months for the mouse. and they use...
G304 please don't get those cheap wireless mouse get a G304

Upvote 0
Something not too expensive right now. I have to buy some monitors and other gear too.

As I have not used wireless keyboard mouse before so want to know what I can get in budget that can work for 10-12 hrs daily usage.

And how long batteries will work? Some rechargeable battery solution.

Upvote 0
since you are going to use a keyboard and a mouse, i imagine you would be using it on a desk. get wired. always better. and cheaper.

for keyboard, get the cheapest mechanical you can find. mouse are hard to recommend.

no point getting an expensive logitech mouse. one year warranty and they tend to develop double click problem within first year of ownership. if you are going to use it for 12 hours, i doubt it would last for even six months.

if you are just looking for a cheap wireless wireless mouse combo. get any Dell or logitech under 2K. these devices have become extremely efficient. i think the model i got for my relative few weeks ago had a rated battery life of 18 months for keyboard and six months for the mouse. and they use AAA cells.

iirc i got this combo (Logitech MK275). logitech seems to claim 2 years of battery life for keyboard and 1 year for mouse based on online sources. this is probably with casual usage. expect them to last for at least half that time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smh
Upvote 0
Solution
I am trying to reduce some cables on my desk it gets really messy and I start procastinating about cleaning. Currently using laptop keyboard and a wired mouse I cannot work with the laptop inbuilt pad no idea how to properly use it.

Yeah most mouse don't last for me more than few months 😅 luckily I found some cheap lenovo mouse wired one which lasts longer than other without the click issue. Another issue is mouse size the cheap ones from HP n all are really small and it's gets really uncomfortable to use them for me. My hands are big or its common I don't know. A year ago I found out about mouse pad with hand rest lol it's a life saving product my wrist used to pain so much.

Even if battery 3-4 months that should be good and I can use with normal non rechargeable ones. I didn't thought batteries could last months.

Upvote 0
You don't really have to worry about battery life. It lasts pretty long.

What you should worry about is the durability of the mouse and keyboard. Specifically the mouse. I'm using wireless keyboard and mouse for over 4 years now and the only major issue I experience is with the mouse's clickers and scroll wheel.

Upvote 0
I got Dell mouse and keyboard combo. It did cost a bit more but it is covered by 3yr advance exchange warranty. They will ship the new one NBD if something goes wrong.

Upvote 0
I bought a Logitech M235 mouse in Jan 2017 and I’m still using it, the scroll issue cameup but I managed to open the mouse and clean dust inside the wheel which causes the scroll issue and its is working fine, It came with a Duracell battery and lasted 4 years(I know its hard to believe but it did) and my usage was like 8 hrs on an average per day. This is no where available in Offline market as I heard the product was stopped but somehow available online.

Alternately, look at M275 (Multimedia Keyboard and M185 Mouse bundled), my friend bought it for WFH purpose and the keys feedback is too good. Keyboard battery life = 36 months and Mouse 18 Months on paper.

Upvote 0
iirc i got this combo (Logitech MK275). logitech seems to claim 2 years of battery life for keyboard and 1 year for mouse based on online sources. this is probably with casual usage. expect them to last for at least half that time.
I am also using this for more than year now.
Keyboard is fine till now. But Last week mouse pointer was freezing on screen for few seconds several times a day, so I got worried. But after replacing battery, mouse started working fine again. Overall good wireless and hassel-free setup I have for WFH.

Upvote 0