Suggest Wifi Modem For BSNL Broadband...

• Thread starter Thread starter thedemon99
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 9,162

thedemon99

ISP
Bsnl BB/Mtnl 3g
Hi,i am using bsnl bb(750ul),i want to buy a wifi modem router(all in one kind where u need only one thing)
i will be using it at my home(1000sqft flat).please suggest and guide me regarding which modem to buy...
I was searching on ebay and found these to be in my budget
1.Asus DSL N10 ADSL2 WIFI Modem Router 5 DBI High Range | eBay
2.Belkin Wireless WiFi Basic N150 Modem 1401 Router +Bill | eBay

Please give in ur suggestions i have never used wifi before and dont know much about it...Thanks in advance

Hi,i am using bsnl bb(750ul),i want to buy a wifi modem router(all in one kind where u need only one thing)
i will be using it at my home(1000sqft flat).please suggest and guide me regarding which modem to buy...
I was searching on ebay and found these to be in my budget
1.Asus DSL N10 ADSL2 WIFI Modem Router 5 DBI High Range | eBay
2.Belkin Wireless WiFi Basic N150 Modem 1401 Router +Bill | eBay

Please give in ur suggestions i have never used wifi before and dont know much about it...Thanks in advance
go for Belkin N150,its good. has a 3 yr warranty also,anyways keep away from Netgear N150 which has the same price, but many bad reviews.

So i guess i'll go for Belkin then..But can i be sure that it is compaitable with bsnl bb??And thanks for all your replies...

Most modems do. Simply check with the shop people and confirm. Tell them that you will return if it does not work with BSNL.

If you enquire in local computer shops, you can check the availability and priceof (a)a single ADSl modem (Example Beetel 110TCI )(b)a standalone Wifi router ( Ex :Netgear WGR614V9)(c) a 3-in one model combining above( Ex Binatone DTW...? / VMC AN1020 )or make a trip to Lamington Road Mumbai, where the shops stock only fast moving models and price also will be less ( some bargaining too ???). With your feedback say 2 from each category, it will beeasy to suggest a best choice.Conditions : (aa) your budget.(bb) range of wifi usage ( radius of activity and differentheight levels say 1st floor 4 th floor etc )(cc) No of systems in use desktop/laptop/ smartphone/wireless Printers/camera etc.(dd) need for Voip/IPTV/ VPN/webserver etc..(ee) last but not least availability in India (ff) Service center/ customer care accessibility.Recently a member reported D-Link DIR500 gave him a wifi range of 30 to 40 METERS.In forum, we need actual usage data, rather than what is claimed by the manufacturer, or gleaned from the websites..Feedback.