Suggest the best HD DTH for me.

• Thread starter Thread starter vgowtham97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 5,334

vgowtham97

ISP
BSNL BROADBAND
Hi,I have recently bought a Sony KDL-32EX720.I have been using Cable TV since now and i have decided to move to HD.I am confused on which DTH to buy.I will post my usage below,Please suggest me which one is the best for me.Thanks in advance.

1.I am from Tamil Nadu,So i need more Tamil channels.Don't suggest me TS because it has less number of Tamil channels.
2.I am a big cricket fan,and willing to watch all Indian matches in HD.
3.I need a DTH that provides the best quality of SD channels,because most of the time I watch only Tamil channels which are SD.
4.My monthly budget for packages is 200-270.
5.I watch English movies and Hindi channels very rarely.

Videocon d2h and Dish TV are your best choices.

If u talking about about non recorded HD stb (non DVR) then go to RDTV HD (strictly no DVR, Only HD)Go for demo before by RDTV HD. I never go to demo of RDTV HD but by advt they claiming 250 HD Ready channels on RDTV HD. There is a software which converts sd signals to HD ready quality. I never check & RDTV is dreamviewer actually many timesFake promises are speciality of Reliance. Thats better watch demo & then decide & if you do same then review here.

His requirement is of Tamil Channels. So can someone tell which DTH has maximum Tamil Channel other than Sun 😉

Then Sun Direct HD or D2H are only options left 🙂

Thanks I M@vgCheck also your other mention needs about HD DTH with RDTV HD.

Hi,I have recently bought a Sony KDL-32EX720.I have been using Cable TV since now and i have decided to move to HD.I am confused on which DTH to buy.I will post my usage below,Please suggest me which one is the best for me.Thanks in advance.

1.I am from Tamil Nadu,So i need more Tamil channels.Don't suggest me TS because it has less number of Tamil channels.
2.I am a big cricket fan,and willing to watch all Indian matches in HD.
3.I need a DTH that provides the best quality of SD channels,because most of the time I watch only Tamil channels which are SD.
4.My monthly budget for packages is 200-270.
5.I watch English movies and Hindi channels very rarely.

Okie, so in d2h, you can go for New South Gold Sports Pack and HD Globe addon which will cost Rs 215 + Rs 110 + ST = Rs 358 . Budget wil go little bit high but I hope this will fulfill your needs.

Check this out : Videocon D2H Packages, DTH Package, ROI Packages, DTH Recharge Price and South Packages

I am from tamilnadu too.. Recently i booked Airtel HD. but i booked ultra pack. I didnt go for Sun HD because of the recent political scenarios and they offer either in 6 or 12 month pack (CMIIW). so i dont want to take risk with them at this moment. also HD channel wise they are removed two channels from thier own streaming . also HD channels are less compared to Airtel DTH HD.Only sun DTH provide good number of south channels. but if you ask me , take a south pack from airtel and add south region channels through thier "chota pack" option. this is just my view.PQ wise Airtel is among the top. Will post when mine gets installed.Oh by the way , dont get dishtv at any cost

Its my personal opinion that Sun Direct has most South Indian channel. True nnavin

Thank you all for your replies..I am ready to spend 5000 a year for DTH packs.My main need is to watch atleast all Indian Cricket matches in HD.As I said,I don't watch Hindi channels and English movie channels.I need Discovery,Nat Geo,and Cricket matches in HD.I have shortlisted Airtel,Reliance and D2H.I don't need DVR.Which one to choose from these three?

Thank you all for your replies..I am ready to spend 5000 a year for DTH packs.My main need is to watch atleast all Indian Cricket matches in HD.As I said,I don't watch Hindi channels and English movie channels.I need Discovery,Nat Geo,and Cricket matches in HD.I have shortlisted Airtel,Reliance and D2H.I don't need DVR.Which one to choose from these three?

the problem is most of the DTH players are not giving exclusive south region packs alone. take a look at the below picture

this is applicable to all DTH , (except for sun DTH IIRC) , correct me if i am wrong.

To counter the loss , DTH players are clubbing north channels (no offense ) with south packs.
If you are ready to spend 5K , then take airtel HD and spend another 1K , you get a 250 rs cash back if you register online. Again , please do your research . Or if you can wait for 1 more day , i will post my experience on airtel HD.

Airtel CC is not at its best for past 6 months or so and there are many complaints which are still not attended too. so take you time to decide. also since you are from tamil nadu , try to get 6 or 12 months pack , as we arent sure what JJ might introduce( entertainment TAX):wink_2:

hi everey one.,I'm new to this forum.Please help me buying a new HD DTH.My general watching behaviour is as follows1. Any two english news channels.2. English movie channel.3. Since i hail from kerala,maximum malayalam channels.4. Any hindi music channel.5. Any hindi movie channel.6. one or two Tamil channels.i'm little scary when it comes to online transactions, is it advisable to buy a DTH over internet?please guide...

If you opt for d2h HD, You will have Movies Now HD and Star Movies HD along with all other English Movie Channels. All Popular English News Channels.In Hindi, Star Glod HD is available along with all other Hindi Movie Channel in SD. Malayalam channels are too quite sufficient. And don't worry abt online transactions in d2h. They are quite safe, effective and comes with additional benefit.