• Thread starter Thread starter blazer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 2,880
ooh! duke nukem! fail.

- - - Updated - - -

a variant is available through junglee for 8904 rupees

- - - Updated - - -

errm never mind. it is through Amazon so shipping is not included.

Upvote 0
Can anyone suggest a good 1 GB graphics card with reasonable price compatible with my Intel Core2Duo PC with 2 GB DDR2 RAM?

Don't fall for the only memory is better argument. I have seen shopkeepers sell 2GB GT210's to people who preferred buying it over a 1GB High End cards.

Whats your budget? Whats your usage? If gaming, then what type of games and at what resolution. What PSU do you have?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thank you all for replying. Actually my budget for this is not very high. It is around Rs 2000. But yes I want to start playing Games (which I do not do normally) in spare time on my PC - like FIFA 2012, Need for Speed, and other racing as well as strategy games (as I told, I am a newbie in Gaming, but I will try out my hand on different games).Also, I want to use the Graphics card to aid my CPU to enhance its processing power i.e., its GPU - for some applications like video encoders for fast processing. Can it be done? Please guide me. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
I am using MSI GTX560Ti

Its awesome in performance as well as cooling.

Even in our hot Climate without AC it runs at 38-44C when Idling and 72-75C when at full load. has a dual fan and copper heat pipe. Its a lot better than my shitty TAG GTS 250 :sidefrown:

Upvote 0
Thank you all for replying. Actually my budget for this is not very high. It is around Rs 2000. But yes I want to start playing Games (which I do not do normally) in spare time on my PC - like FIFA 2012, Need for Speed, and other racing as well as strategy games (as I told, I am a newbie in Gaming, but I will try out my hand on different games).

Also, I want to use the Graphics card to aid my CPU to enhance its processing power i.e., its GPU - for some applications like video encoders for fast processing. Can it be done? Please guide me. Thanks again.
I'd suggest you atleast increase your budget to 2.5k and buy the nVidia GT520. In 2k, you'll have to buy something like the GT210. Most 2008 and later games won't be playable on it.

Upvote 0
no point buying one card which can't play games after 2008 better atleast buy one which can play all games on low settings, if not high !

Upvote 0
Thanks for all your replies again. Is nVidia GT520 compatible with my DDR 2 2GB memory and Core2Duo processor? And also I searched and found its price to be about 3.5k. I can stretch my budget to 2.5k as manu1991 asked me to.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all your replies again. Is nVidia GT520 compatible with my DDR 2 2GB memory and Core2Duo processor? And also I searched and found its price to be about 3.5k. I can stretch my budget to 2.5k as manu1991 asked me to.
Any MB with PCie express card slot is fine. I think there is no need for a 2GB card. Anyone to clarify?

Upvote 0
Thank you raj2007. I have Kingston RAM of type DDR 2 in my PC - is it compatible with nVidia GT520.

I have added the screens for my Motherboard, CPU and RAM. Please guide. Thanks again.

Upvote 0