Suggest - cctv with remote monitoring/access

• Thread starter Thread starter Smh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,229

Smh

ISP
Wired local-AirtelFiber
Need a basic cctv with remote monitoring option. If it has 2 way communication even better.

Usage- Indoor

P.S. My internet is behind NAT. And remote monitoring option which allows it to accessible from different isp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I own both 1080p models mentioned at Xiaomi India . Used them for years. No longer using them, though. I am sure they'll still work if I power them on. Two way communication is available, but never tested. The Mi app can be used to control the device from any network. Both are indoor models.

Reactions: Smh
Upvote 0
I have watched multiple videos of tapo and other cctv camera only one guy showed the remote monitoring feature from different internet network that too only for few seconds as his mobile network was low.

That's the most important feature and everyone misses it in their review.

@Sayantan just to be clear can I monitor cctv live feed if i am in a different city with tapo 200 ? And if there is any subscription charges for it. I saw TP-Link charges extra for motion detection and stuff.

Upvote 0
Go for TP-Link Tapo devices. You can monitor live feed and playback old footage using their Tapo app. Better to go for newer models as they support higher capacity SD cards & have more features (like privacy zones, person detection ,baby crying detection, 2K/4K video). To get some of these features on older models you will need their cloud subscription.

Reactions: Smh
Upvote 0
Bought c210 it's working. I can see live footage from mobile network remotely when cctv is connected to home wifi.

Will try all features and update more info.

Edit: model 200 to 210

Last edited:
Upvote 0